Fork's fights on.... - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2004, 09:11 AM

Fork's fights on....

You go girl! Mayor Nedra Reed met with the WF&W Commission members on Wednsday along with Forks Staffers to discuss a strategy for dissmisal of the proposed Moratorioum at the March 12 13 meeting of the commission.

And the "When the going gets weird the weird turn pro award" for this year will go to Mayor Nedra for her sudden and fresh Alliance with the Quillayute Tribal Chairman Russell Woodruff who in a recent letter supports the Mayors position and bemoans the fact that the tribe was not contacted about this decesion (after all they are co managers).
Woodruff contends the runs are healthy and that they are the "Stewards of the resource".
Its raining on the Coast this morning and the rivers are rising there is a new pile of feathers by the tying table I think I will get a few twisted up I think I should tie up a pattern to commerate the Forks / Quillayute Alliance for Dead Fish. I'll let Sink Tip and OC come up with the Moniker!
TGIF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Pullin' Thread

Sounds like the tribal chairman might be a little nervous about the possibility of bad press if the tribe decides to net the river after April 1st this year or during March/April next year. I suppose you could call the resulting fly the "Bi-cultural" since neither the city of Forks nor the Tribe have been known to be on such friendly terms.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:08 PM

I presume that

you've left the barbs intact on your comemorative fly? Perhaps it has more than one?

Politics makes for strange bedfellows
Old 03-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Chief of E.P.

I can't decide between the "Pollyanna" or the "Partner in Crime". Then there is always the "incestuous liasion".
Old 03-05-2004, 07:00 PM

I think Flytyer had a good one I was just thinking of changing it a little you know "Buy Cultural"! But there all good ideas and as I rarely tie two the same maybe I'll use them all....
Old 03-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Pullin' Thread

Moonlight,

I like yours far better than mine. It seems to get more to the heart of the matter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.