Fly Fishing Forum banner

From my Aunt Sally ... in her 80's...

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BobK 
#1 ·
An atheist was walking through the woods one day in Alaska, admiring all that evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What a powerful river!

> What beautiful animals!" he said to himself.
>
As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. Turning to look, he saw a 13-foot Kodiak brown bear beginning to charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could down the path. He looked > over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him.
>
> Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again & the bear was even closer. His heart pounding in his chest, he tried to run faster yet. But alas, he tripped and fell to the ground.
>
> As he rolled over to pick himself up, the bear was right over him,
> reaching for him with it's left paw and raising its right paw to strike him, he yelled out, "OH MY GOD!" Time stopped....... The bear froze....... The forest was silent............
>
Even the river stopped moving. As a brilliant light shone upon the man, a thunderous voice came from all around, GOD SPOKE: "YOU DENY MY EXISTENCE FOR ALL THESE YEARS, TEACH OTHERS
THAT I DON'T EXIST AND EVEN CREDIT CREATION TO SOME
COSMIC ACCIDENT. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP YOU OUT
OF THIS PREDICAMENT? "AM I TO COUNT YOU NOW AS A BELIEVER?"
>
Difficult as it was, the atheist looked directly into the light & said, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be a Christian after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear a Christian?" "VERY WELL," said GOD.
>
The light went out... The river ran... The sounds of the forest resumed...AND the bear dropped down on his knees, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke: " Lord, thank you for this food which I am about to receive, Amen."

:devil:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.