posts with names who are not sponsors - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-22-2004, 04:08 PM

posts with names who are not sponsors

i am in difficulty with the sponsor rules. i can see the principle but find the application hard to understand. i am making a point of avoiding any precise reference to any one i dont know is a sponsor as i dont want to fall foul of rules, but i think it detracts from stories. any how can someone explain why clan rods is nono butB&W, and berkheimer are constantly mentioned without wrath coming down when i cant find any of them under sponsors. what is the difference? is it the dreaded URLs again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2004, 04:30 PM

Paul, there is a simple answer ...

Juro, et. al. will correct me if I'm too simple.

It's ok to 'name-names,' what is not 'ok' is to actually post a direct web link (click and you go there) in the post. Everyone mentions specific rods, lines, dealers, etc., this is what the Board (to a significant degree) is all about.

Probably 50 companies out there who build rods; a dozen line makers? Vast majority of us will never even see 10% of the spey rods made, let alone the lines. But now you're in a purchsing frame of mind. Are you really willing to drop $1,000 - $1,500 on a rod, reel and line(s) with out at least trying same first?

Using Southern Oregon as a good example of a bad example (leaving Bob Meiser's rods out of this) I doubt that south of Roseburg (North Umpqua), Oregon all the way to the Sacramento, CA (about 400 miles) you'd even find 5 fly shops with a single spey rod in stock. Kinda cuts down on your ability to test cast. :>)

Perfect world would be no, I'll try before I buy. But we're in anything like a perfect world. So you ask, you get diverse opinions, you sort them out ... and hope like heck you got it right when you write the cheque.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:37 PM

You should find the rules here,
http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flyta...threadid=10950

Rule 2 is the one that you need to refer to.

www.speygillie.co.uk
Old 02-22-2004, 06:14 PM
Fly chucker

There is absolutely nothing cryptic about the rules here. As Willie has shown in his post, the rules are about as straight forward as could possibly be. They are given as a sticky thread here in the Worldwide Forum for all to see.

I appreciate your concern, but fail to see the source of your confusion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.