Marlboro - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2004, 02:39 PM

Marlboro

Anyone headed to Marlboro tomorrow afternoon?
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
President of CAC

John...I will be there all day friday and saturday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2004, 02:50 PM

Alright I'll keep an eyeout for you.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris
Present and accounted for.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:18 AM

See you on Friday. Sat looks doubtful FishHawk
Old 01-16-2004, 07:43 AM

I'll be roaming around this afternoon. If you see someone with a forum hat on say hello. It may be me.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I'll be there today also. Just look for the guy with the 11ft two-hander.

I'll be hanging around with John K at the Fly Fishing New England booth. It's great to see the magazine is alive and well again, and looking better than ever. They've offered to become a sponsor as well for 2004!

I will also be helping to answer questions about the Atlantis and other double-handed rods at booths carrying them at the show - the Saltwater Edge (RI), Hunter's (NH) , and Natick Outdoors (MA).

But most of all, I will be roaming around and ENJOYING THE SHOW for the first year in a few.

See you all there! I will check in to see about SAT dinner plans later.

Old 01-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Fluff

[ "I'll be hanging around with John K at the Fly Fishing New England booth. It's great to see the magazine is alive and well again, and looking better than ever. They've offered to become a sponsor as well for 2004!" ]

Is this before or AFTER they honor their commitments for Catherwood's Giant Killer book and prepaid sales that are over two years old-
Old 01-16-2004, 05:30 PM
President of CAC

Good Day..Today spent to much on fly tying stuff.. saw Juro and the two hander..John D, Brendan O'Brian, FishHawk, Sprocket, JFbasser... and many others... hung around the tying booths and also saw some great work from John Farrar....Back tomorrow... Wish we had out booth this year....
Old 01-16-2004, 08:33 PM

Good to see you John. I enjoyed my time there, and somehow managed to make it out of there with enough money left to buy a coffee. I'm sure that by the end of tomorrow the people in the booth at the end of the casting pool will be saying "darn Juro" every time they hear the thup of the shooting head hitting the backstop.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Pencil me in.....

Also spotted the Slinger on Friday. Josko, too. I will be back on Saturday. Had a good talk with Simon at Rio about the Scandinavian Shooting Heads and the Cold Water Clouser (well any big fly) Line. Scott rods notably absent this year. Two TFO booths. Rich Murphy, Jack Gartside, John Kelsey, Dave Skok tying up a storm.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DFix
[ "I'll be hanging around with John K at the Fly Fishing New England booth. It's great to see the magazine is alive and well again, and looking better than ever. They've offered to become a sponsor as well for 2004!" ]

Is this before or AFTER they honor their commitments for Catherwood's Giant Killer book and prepaid sales that are over two years old-
Dave -

You got my interest so I talked to John about it, you should too. In fact, Bill Catherwood is at John's booth today tying flies in Fly Fishing New England Magazine's booth so you might ask him too.

A signed and numbered limited edition of Bill's book would stand high on my bookshelf too, and I am interested in getting one of these for my collection. But the artist must deliver before the prints can be made, and in this case the finished work has not been delivered to the publishing company, who BTW also runs a magazine.

Indeed a small group of people have paid up front, and the publishing company has advanced funds to the writer - but the writer must complete the work before things can proceed.

I do not want to alienate anyone in this, especially Bill, but the situation does not warrant any anger toward the publishing company when the book has not been provided to them.

The advance sales were to obtain a signed and numbered first edition and intended to provide an advance to the author. As I understand it, all people who paid up front have been offered a refund. The publishing company is already in the same hole with the group who paid up front.

Filmed at 11
Old 01-17-2004, 01:53 PM

Anyone else deal with the Shu Fly booth from NY?
Almost bought a GLooomis Cross Current 1 piece 10 wt.
But...when a few of us wanted to test cast it, a guy from the booth got all antsy and turned around with rod and left us hanging at the casting area???
NOTE to booth: Lost sale or two.....
Maybe they can consider changing their name to Shu Customer??
DB
Old 01-17-2004, 08:09 PM

BTW - I spent much of the day with Bill Catherwood in the booth today. All I can say is what a class act! A true New England legend. No wonder this book is so hotly desired. Perhaps someone could get involved with finishing the book with him, putting his knowlege into words.

Maybe I will volunteer to do it myself, typing it on the computer based on what he says.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:04 PM
President of CAC

I had to leave around 2 since I had a major problem with a contact lense and forgot my glasses at home.. Had to keep it in to drive and it was painful..by the time I got home I didn't feel like driving all the way back... I telephoned Juro and left a message...so..I am sorry I missed any dinner that occured. Nice to see FredA. and Adrian and Penguin. Bumped into JimW and had lunch with a group of guys from reel-time. The Down 'N Trout tying material booth was a great take as it is every year..bought some new stuff called DNA frosty and regular fish fiber and some Mirror Immage ... Stpped by the Bears Den for some stuff and bought a Meadow Run Press signed limited edition book by John Cole called "Fish of My days". meet Bob Mitchell who was manning the booth for the New England Magazine and where Juro made it home for the show. I wonder if I should drive over just tommorrow morning. Being around that stuff in the mid winter feels good but not in the wallet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.