Thomas and Thomas tour - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2004, 09:40 PM
Marine Scientist

Thomas and Thomas tour

Denise and I were on our way up to Maine this week and I figured we'd stop by at T & T in Mass. to take Trevor and Bob up on their generous offer to give us a tour of the factory. I wanted to have them look at my newly acquired rod to make certain that it was in good working order and inscribe my name on it, so it was killing two birds with one stone. What a neat operation; Trevor showed us the rod-making process (graphite and bamboo) from start to finish, and answered all of our questions (most of the good ones came from Denise) with ease. Everyone we met was very nice, and the attention paid to detail throughout the manufacturing process is apparent in the finished product. It's great to see a company that is so detail and service oriented and produces such a great line of rods using components all made here in the states (with the exception of bamboo rods, in which the bamboo is from overseas). If anyone is going to be up near the operation, I encourage you to drop Trevor and Bob a line and stop by to see this operation for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

You lucky dog! I've been wanting to do that forever.

I ran into Trevor at the Denver show last fall and he invited the Forum gang to take the tour. How about this spring when the trout streams are fishable... lots of opportunities to fish the streams out that way plus the tour as well.

Keep an eye open for the sign-up post, this promises to be a great event for the Bay state (and surrounding) membership to attend.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:48 AM

I wonder why buying a T&T rod has become such an adventure. I tried to buy one at the show yesterday - T&T only had demos, and there was no dealer to be found. Furthermore, the T&T folks couldn't come up with a single dealer on the cape or within 80 miles of Woods Hole.
It shouldn't be this hard to buy one of their rods.

And BTW, sign meup for the tour.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:21 AM

josko- I ran into the same problem Saturday with another rod manufacturer- no representation. By the way what T&T rod were you interested in I have one for sale- the Horizon SC 9.5' 10wt. Ron
Old 01-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Marine Scientist

I think that this is a problem that T & T is working on at the present time; from what I understand, they hope to have better distribution around that area very soon.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:57 PM

it's not T&T's fault that The Goose Humock or others don't choose to carry T&T.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:42 AM

T&T

Blue Northern Trading in Ayer, Mass (on Route 2A, exit 30 off of 495, make left at end of exit) is a T&T dealer.....
Old 01-20-2004, 11:18 AM

Josko,

Smitty at Rod Builders Workshop in Kingston carries T&T.

He's listed here as a sponsor.

Good luck,

Roop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.