I'd like to ask a big favor... - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2001, 07:50 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I'd like to ask a big favor...

Could you please update your profiles to indicate the region of the world where you live? I am putting together a new page that will make it easier to find out information about various regions and need this information.

Just click on this icon once you log in or make a post

Thanks very much!

Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2001, 04:28 AM

RE:TO ALL FlyTalk MEMBERS....

I am curious who on this board lives the farthest away from the Boston?
FishHawk
Old 03-13-2001, 08:17 AM

FishHawk

While I'm not a member of the board I have been in contact with a number of you since last Autumn....ooops I mean the Fall. I reckon I'll be one of the furthest away as I live on the East Coast of Scotland. That's gotta be 3000+ miles at least.

Would it be worth me becoming a member given the likelyhood of my having to put in apologies for not attending the Claves!!!

ScotsPhil
Old 03-13-2001, 08:47 AM
President of CAC

ScotsPhil, you are a member since you registerded to post on this board. Those memberships are free. There are contributing memberships for those who wish to contribute money to the forum which you can find information about on this elsewhere on the board. Hope you can visit Cape Cod soon.I look forward to fishing with you and hope you can make a " Monomoy rip Trip" in the future.
Old 03-13-2001, 10:32 PM

FishHawke,

While ScotsPhil lives => 3,000 miles to the East, I live +/- 3,000 miles to the West in Gig Harbor, WA.

However, I do have ties to Boston. I originate from CT. Back in the early days after high school (TOO many years ago), I attended the Berklee College of Music on Boylston Street up near The Fens (ended up with a degree from George Washington University in Health Care Administration...go figure.) Lived on Peterborough Street on the backside of right field at Fenway and worked at New England Deaconess Hospital as a Surgical Tech. Gosh, I miss those $1.00 bleacher seats!

Greg
Old 03-15-2001, 09:24 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Ahhh.... Gig Harbor.... wonderful place, know it well. We used to drop in for lunch while chasing silvers at Dalco and in the Narrows, then sometimes get carried away enjoying ourselves to come back out of the harbor as the sun was low on the western horizon... and Mt.Rainier would be aglow with pastel hues against a soothing pacific blue northwest sky as we motored across Puget Sound.

3,000 vs. 3,000 - it looks like a tie so far...

<b>Thank you for updating profiles with your general location</b>, if you haven't done it already please take a minute to do that. It's important in our community because that's how we will know who to ask the very important questions... like "what flies?", "when to visit", "where are the flyshops?", etc.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:41 AM

Juro,

I went to edit my profile, but it will not let me change anything. I must be doing something wrong?
Old 03-20-2001, 05:11 PM
admin

Due to a server error when replying to this thread, the thread has been closed to replies. Sorry but it seemed unfixable.

<i><font size="1">Time to look at upgrading the BB software perhaps?</font><!--1--></i>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.