A Forum Record!......? - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2003, 10:12 PM

A Forum Record!......?

Good evening,
I am submitting, respectfully, for the record books, my post in the Steelhead Summit section dated 1-30-03, to wit, has gone un-answered for 314 days.
Dissenters please respond if, in fact, I am in error. Otherwise, could I have a show of hands and a second to the motion to see if it will carry.
. :hehe: :eyecrazy:
I wait with baited (artifical, of course) breath.

Deerhawk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2003, 10:39 PM

OK, I'll raise my hand and ask:

Where's the post?
Old 12-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Marine Scientist

I'd be curious to see who has started the most un-answered threads.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:26 AM

i'm still waiting to see if anyone's veiwed their flies underwater,,,,,??????????????????????????????:chuc kle:
Old 12-12-2003, 12:37 AM
CantAnchorUs

Underwater flies leak!!!!! You don`t have to lookyou can feel it.
Slinger
Old 12-12-2003, 11:34 PM

You Know,

It's been so long:hehe: I forgot It was a private post Thread, Fred! Thats why you cant find it. I think I will go to bed now, that is after I clean the egg of my face and remove the size 10 1/2 from my mouth.

1000 pardons

DH
Old 12-13-2003, 12:35 AM

Don't get impatient! I'm still thinking. Give me at least another 341 days. At least.
Bob, the Hey! It takes me time to come up with a response.:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Old 12-13-2003, 12:30 PM

Thumbs up Yes I did...

A fellow who owned a record store in Sitka (for you younger fellows that is what we used to listen to music on before cassettes and CD's) had just broaden the scope of his inventory. He was getting into Video in a big way. TV and recording devices VHS and the other thing that didn't make it.(was that BETA) He also had this niffty little 8mm video camera that had an underwater housing and he was hot for me to take it out fishing and record some tape of fish and the like. Well I was about to head down to the "South Island" and volunteered to take it with me and tape a bit of river and fish from the wet side of the view.
As luck would have it there were enough fish around and water conditions were near perfect so I had more than ample oppurtunitys to get good shots of fish mostly Steelheads that were hooked on to my line but several large resident Rainbows just sitting in there living rooms relaxing through another Alaskan winter.
Of all the tape I shot the ones that suprised me the most were of flys under water. The majority of the flys I captured on video were swinging and fishing in glides with undisturbed surfaces. The thing that was a suprise to me was that the surface of the water is a mirror of everythig above the bottom so that you see your fly as it swings and the feathers work an undulate in the currents and you see th same thing reflected back at you from the surface mirror.
Another thing I learned was the amount of noise we make while wading, the camera was equipped with sound and noise is really loud underwater. Walking sounded like a gravel driveway with a semi driving on it. Rapids or riffels were so loud you have to turn the sound way down or it will hurt your ears.
Well I see I am getting a little off thread but at least you got an answer!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.