Web page is up! - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2001, 03:45 PM
Flats Rat

Web page is up!

Finally got my web page up. Mostly just pics from last years Exuma trip but at least it's there now!

<a href="http://www.avsharp.com" target="_blank"><!--auto-->http://www.avsharp.com</a><!--auto-->
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2001, 04:28 PM
President of CAC

RE:Web page is up!

Adrian, That is a great home page. Having just come back from the Bahamas, I am going to plan a trip next winter to Where you went or Andros, etc. Just to flyfish with my two sons instead of resorting it as I did this year. I look forward to seeing more and I will being tying as many Bonefish flies I can starting next fall. I have Dick Browns book but would like to get some insight from you . Did you use just one fly... the one on your home page?
Old 03-03-2001, 05:12 PM
Flats Rat

John

Relieved to know that you were open to open the page ok! The arctic fox wing gotcha is my favorite fly for Exuma and I probably had it on 95% of the time in sixes 4, 6 and 8. The HOY and Pop Hill flies are specifically for spooky tailing fish and work very well down there. The cuda candy is an overgrown version of Bob Popovics pattern. The ultra hair seems to hold up to cuda teeth relatively well. Most other materials get shredded on the first strike.

I have Dick Brown's book and it's very comprehensive. However, no matter how many different patterns you tie, you can bet the one you (or the guide) want is never there. These days I've narrowed things down to a few basic patterns and adjust size, sink rate, color and materials to cover the various eventualities. I'm getting very keen on highly mobile materials like Arctic Fox so that a fly can be presented and left static.

The big challenge for the upcoming Xmas Island trip will be Milkfish (Chanos Chanos). They're basically plankton/algae feeders that occaisionaly take small crustaceans. Very few have been taken on fly but they apparently run a lot harder than bones! They frequent the same flats as the bones and can be very difficult to tell apart - hence reports of lareg schools of "bonefish" with lockjaw. I read a report about one of the local guides hooking them on a size 14 dry Adams! Food for thought.....
Old 03-03-2001, 06:18 PM
President of CAC

Thank's Adrian, that's valuable info and I will print that off and put it in my Bahamas Note book. The Milk fish sounds interesting, . Look forward to your Monomoy 2000 report and Photo's. Great Job on that Web site. I might consider something like that myself some day.
Old 03-03-2001, 09:40 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Great job on the site Adrian! I was in need of some carribean dreaming right about now too. Can't wait to see the Monomoy images when you get them done, not to mention the flies, etc.

How do you like photoimpact? It might be a great investment for the Forum if it speeds up creation of photo galleries. $99 is a good price if it saves a lot of time.
Old 03-06-2001, 10:01 AM
Flats Rat

The monomoy link is now up & running. A few images to stir the blood a little more, enjoy!

Juro,

Re: PhotoImpact

It's a great tool if you just want to upload pics - Preping for upload is done in seconds and there's a batch facility which I haven't got 'round to. There are a whole bunch of web creation tools but it won't replace Frontpage for a few releases yet. The combination of graphics tool and web tools is pretty cool though.
Old 03-06-2001, 01:17 PM
President of CAC

Excellent!!!. Ah... Monomoy island and surroundings. Great fish Adrian. I am drifting off now......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.