Fly Fishing Care Package. - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-26-2001, 07:47 PM

Fly Fishing Care Package.

Received a box in the mail today that contained a Bodkin chest pack, a Cortland 444SL 9wt clear intermediate fly line and one FF Forum cap.

I was as happy as the kid from the movie, "A Christmas Story" when he got his Little Orphan Annie decoder ring in the mail. I didn't get the bummer decoded message, "To drink my Ovaltine" either. Just good stuff!

Thanks Juro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2001, 07:54 PM
Flats Rat

RE:Fly Fishing Care Package.

Hi Juro

My goody box turned up today too! Now I just need to figure out how to use the Bodkin chest pack....

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2001, 09:37 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sully - the Stony Brook clave was EPIC!

It's a pleasure being able to say thanks for the great donations of time and funds, in fact I have turned my attention toward getting things mailed out more lately (hence the slowdown on the fund raising, site updates, etc). Standard, silver and gold contributing members will be getting their 'thank you' packages as soon as I work out some ordering details.

But don't thank me... thank our sponsors by visiting their websites and their storesites. Dana Echols has just informed me that he has come up with a new model for us to test out. Can't wait to see it! It's great to have connections like that - maybe we can work with him as we collaborate about chest packs, likes and dislikes, and see if we can work together with the mysterious Prof.Bodkin to develop a chest pack that responds to what we have learned on the water.

BTW - I appreciate everyone's patience through the fund-raising process. This stuff is best done in the pre-season to have it over and done with by the time spring comes to the north american continent. I hope you will excuse me but as soon as there is access to good fishing, I plan to be doing that instead of administrative duties! There are a lot of site updates to finish before then too.

We've still got a ways to go to cover the original cost goals - but luckily our sponsorships are growing to help offset all that, and many folks have informed me that they will be sending their donations in soon too.

All in all the support has been great and deeply appreciated, and I sincerely hope Forum '2001 provides ample rewards to all who contributed!
Old 02-27-2001, 11:57 AM

Juro sez:

<i>"in fact I have turned my attention toward getting things mailed out more lately (hence the slowdown on the fund raising, site updates, etc)."</i>

DECLOAKING OUT OF LURKSPACE....Ok, now you have my attention. Nice!.

Sully, enjoy the chestpack buddy!

TW
Old 02-27-2001, 04:55 PM
President of CAC

Juro, any thoughts on a flats shirt... like the Columbia or Ex Officio... with the FFF logo on the chest.?
Old 02-27-2001, 05:36 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

You must have been spying on me! The problem is not in the embroidery, as we own that tape since investing in the artwork and digitization of the logo you see on the hat. The problem is the price of the shirt! They run $50-70 in the quick drying material.

Here's what we can do though - if you have a favorite flats shirt, they can embroider from our tape for short money.

I think I got your gift already planned anyway &lt;heh,heh&gt;

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.