Need help with a student fly fishing club - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Smile Need help with a student fly fishing club

I'm helping a local teacher start up a fly fishing club. I'm simply going to cut/paste what Josh has wrote. If you can help, would be appreciated. I'm going to help out all I can. I'll be teaching the kids to tie. Mostly needs goods for the students to learn on (lots of them have never touched a flyrod).
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone,
I have created a fly fishing club at Bainbridge High School. There are about 30 members many of which have never fly fished. I am just trying to get used equipment so I can teach the guys and girls how to cast and fish. If you have any used or old equipment that could help, we would really appriciate your help. Some of the more advanced want to learn fly tying. I am willing to teach all of them whatever they want to learn, but I need the equipment and materials to teach them. Please donate what you can it is for the greatest of causes (Kids) our future and the future of fly fishing.
Thanks,
Josh

Please mail anything you can afford to give to the following address. Thanks for all your help.

Bainbridge Island High School
C/O Josh Zarling
9330 NE High School Road
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

My number at school for questions or etc.
(206) 855-0401
jzarling@bainbridge.wednet.edu
joshzarling1@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thumbs up

I'll see what I can dig up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2003, 07:49 PM

ST, have you had any current contact with

these folks? The initial request is now a bit dated, but do have two or three (at least) rods/reels/lines I'd be willing to part with if this is still viable.

Also posted (elsewhere) if these folks could get connected with a "503c" (actually a no-brainer), and are up and running come next March, the attendies (who call the shots on this) could choose to have me send funds to this group. In truth, never did get any feed back on this.

Considering the number of Washingtonian's who've attended the Charity Spey Clinic's, most appropriate.

fae

Last edited by fredaevans; 11-18-2003 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:18 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Thanks guys

Actually Fred, Josh has been busy. He's been trying to drum up the support at his school. Plus, just moved into a new house, and is doing the painting and unpacking at same time. So he's been REALLY swamped. Plus, he was able to get away for a few days to fish the Hoh. So he's been very limited (especially since right now his only internet is before school at the school since he hasn't got his computer hooked up at home yet). I'll discuss that with him about the 503a. Not sure if he read that or not. But I did get a recent email from him yesterday. We're trying to get a couple other organizations involved too. But not sure what we'll get "charity" wise from them. But it's a good cause, and he has alot of interest at his school so far.

I'll talk to him Fred and see if he can get that setup. Do you know how he goes about doing that? I have no idea. But thanks, you've been more then generous, have to sneak you some tube flies that have been the hot ticket up on the Skeena for steelhead. Tied a bunch up and were a success, outfished the spoon guys (and good ones too).
Old 11-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Pullin' Thread

Jerry,

Shhhhh, we don't want it to get out about feathers outfishing spoons.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:33 AM
flyfishing catarafter

LOL Russ

Only reason I'm amazed is guy who was fishing hole first is a well accomplished hardware thrower. The guy using my flies figured he was SOL. Say it this way, got an order for those flies from the spoon guy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.