Well? - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 04:47 PM

Well?

Good evening,
We had our first frost on Friday, and our first flakes of snow down here in the valley today, more up in the mountains as we speak. With extra time on our hands (ya right,DH), I thought this would be the time to ask the question, are we (Fly Fishing Forum) having booth's at any of the shows this year?

Well?

No time like the present to start thinking about this, with less than 120 days till Seattle / Beantown

Just thought I'd ask
Deerhawk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2003, 08:30 AM
Fly chucker

I'm inclined to answer yes to your question, although I'll defer to Juro et al to elaborate any further on the subject.

You're right though, it's sneaking up on us.
Old 11-04-2003, 10:07 PM

SHOWS

Good evening,
Well said #1! And so while we wait for a transmission from Star Fly-eet Command, I say we further open this discussion....

Is there any $ needed for Forum upkeep / upgrades?
Are there any worthy charities that we might like to contribute funds to?
Any fundraising for special projects (eco?) we may want to back?
Are there any ideas from any other forum members as to a possible "Theme" for doing the shows in Seattle/Boston?

Or mabye we just do it for the....Halibut
To Hob-Nob with our fellow Flyfishing wizards and hang out in the perspective Emerald City of your choice

A little Clave action perhaps, mabye some Swap-a-da-Fly, I cast your rod, you cast mine.

Yes.....yes, I am begining to see those wheel's starting to turn
You know your going to be looking for something to do in Feb.
Can't fish...to damn cold! Can't afford that "bone trip" to the Car-eeeeeeb.
But a tank of Jenny and the thought of a few hours B.S'n with your friends, try some new equipment, buy a raffle ticket or two. Why you could find the funds for that right under the front seat!

Well?
Deerhawk
Old 11-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Spoke with the powers that be today and Boston is sold out for January in Marlboro, but March is still avail and should be good to go. Marlboro will still be a show we'll be involved in, pending further details. Plan on having a booth despite being sold out in a different section of the show layout.

Somerset New Jersey is a big eastern event and there might be some angle there as well.

Seattle is a tough one, there will be a large spey clave the weekend prior and Friday is an active show day unlike last year when we did the Speypages Clave at Fall River on the open Friday. This year the show is Fri-Sun.

I will be pretty tied up at the CND booth so if the Speypages has a booth it will require people to step up and run it like last year. The good news is I already have a few killer flies from famous anglers for the shadow box and we shouldn't have a problem getting guest tyers to grace our humble 10x10 patch of concrete!

More info in a couple of days...
Old 11-09-2003, 07:08 PM
deeply obsessed fly-guy

Well?

Juro, et al.,

Somerset is indeed a big do and could be tight on space, though well worth it. I would certainly like to help out in the event the Forum is going to do anything at all.

On a separate note, is CND going to have a booth at either Somerset or Manchester this year?

Best regards,

-Doc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.