Smithers/Hazelton area fishing report - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-2003, 12:39 PM

Smithers/Hazelton area fishing report

It will be appreciated if any board member shares hookup and/or landing data for the Kispiox, Skeena, Bulkley, Babine, etc. for October 2003.

Many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2003, 04:33 PM

Would it be reasonable for me to ask why you're requesting this type of CPUE information?
Thanks.
Marketic
Old 11-04-2003, 09:14 PM

all my sources tell me it was the third year in a row for lower than average fish caught and landed. I have fished the Bulkley from 1991 to 2000. I still keep in touch with over a dozen friends and guides in the area, and they all have the same reports. I know there's no real #'s here, but I've never been able to put #'s on this area.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:35 PM

Interesting how this goes back to a current poll ..

on ' fav. river for two weeks of fishing.'

Sorry if this sounds like another ' plug' for the Rogue, but having lived in Washington State (pre/post-Bolt) and BC when fishing was a 'no brainer,' I'm really sad to see how fishing in general has gone into the tank.

To correct myself, fishing is good, catching is another matter. I'm sure it's a ton of combinations of why ' things' are in the tank, and will probably get worse .. better .. I'd hope.

But maybe it's just too many people, too much commercial fishing, too .. etc. Most of the Rogue is ' wild and scenic,' with just a few spots of population .. and our runs keep getting bigger and bigger each year. Do we have a Adrom. run(s) that arn't being 'loved to death' like Yosem. Park?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Recent Member

I know you asked for October data but my partner and I fished the bulkley hard from Sept 13-21. We landed a total of 15 fish. We hooked 23. Best day was a 4 fish day. This was our first visit there. Beautiful river. All fish on dry line and swung wets. Pinks were a problem early part of the trip but they thinned out towards the end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.