Music via satelite.. - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2003, 06:20 PM

Music via satelite..

So driving around the west in search of steelheads we from time to time need to listen to a "Baseball Game" and a few tunes at night is also a good thing. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion regarding the Sirius Satelite Radio system. I have been advised by several vendors that Sirius is the only service that works here in the most NW part of Washington State. I beleive them as one of them only sold the other brand UX or Delphi?
So my question is has anybody been around one in use in Eastern Washington say Asotin County for instance.
There website gives a pretty good run down on programing and such, even lets you listen to samples of the music offered, (good blues format) too much talk radio, but supposedly most of the Ballgames.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2003, 11:24 PM

Talking Right answer??

Hit your local lib. and get several 'books on tape.'

In all honesty I haven't read more than a 'real book' or two in the past year or two ... books on tape .... probably one, or more, per week.

Unusual for me to be on the river by 'myself' without ear phones clamped to my head. Ah, listing to music? is the normal question. No, it's a "good book.''

Trust me on this ... books on tape is a highly adictive (Sweet J, it's hard to type/see the screen without the proper spec's parked on my nose.) thing. You'll find you have a bag of rechargeable batteries in the car and one or two in you pocket.

Old 10-19-2003, 12:05 PM
JD

Satalite Radio

Suggest you look up a car club or attend a car/hot rod rally or show and talk to some of those guys. Some of them travel all over the country attending car shows and they like to be able to listen to their favorite radio stations while they are on the road. So they know what works.

><///('>
JD
Old 10-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Chief of E.P.

Moonlight,

I know of which you speak. I fondly remember a few years ago parked on a bend on the Snake listening to the M's and Yankees in the ALCS. It was the only place in the canyon we could pull in the game and even then the signal came and went.

sinktip
Old 10-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Junkyard Spey

Well you guys can always watch the game with Poppy at the Red Shed Fly Shop.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:39 PM

Thank you for the gracious invite to the games on TV...

I guess part of fall steelheading has always centered around the "Series" Mausser had a wire thrown over the limbs of a tall tree tied into his AM radio we all copied that one but as in Sinktips locale there are sometimes not very many tall objects (how about speed taping a couple of Spey Rods together).
I really am interested in a space age soloution to an old problem and hope that this new "SATRAD" is a simple soloution. I have heard of prices running from 160 to 300 bucks, quite a range but I view this as getting ready for this winter and next year.
For when the Mariners get it all together and sweep the "PinStriped Devils" in October.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:43 AM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Spent a week at the bottom of Shoemaker on the Ronde 2 weeks ago. One of the guys brought a portable satelite radio. We were able to listen to all of the baseball games on ESPN Radio. Wonderful little system but I have no idea what service it was.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:47 AM

Sounds good...

Kerry S,Thank you for that specific spot report. I guess if it will work in that narrow little ditch it will work in a lot of places. Any chance you could touch base with the fellow who had the SATRAD and see which system he was using?
Old 10-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

The service was XM. My friend had a portable Bose radio with the service that worked great.

Whoops, I guess it was a Delphi radio not a Bose.

Last edited by KerryS; 10-20-2003 at 05:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.