9th Inning of this salt season - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2003, 03:03 PM

9th Inning of this salt season

Boy, I've spent the last few days catching up on sleep. I was ragged from this fall run stuff. MY fly box was down to a rag tag batch of beat up deceivers. I actually tied 3 flies during the sox game last night. What a relief to have some juvis on hand again, although it seems they will hit anything lately.

It's been a great fall but the end is near. We might get another week or 2. It looks like the main slug of fish has pushed through the North Shore. After things (like bait) get reorganized from the big blow, I think we will see a more sporadic "hit or miss" type fishing. But, we could be surprised and have another epic push, and the sox could win in the Bronx tonight. Anyway, I'm tanned, rested, and ready for the next tide sweep. See you out there.

Lefty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2003, 05:26 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

An epic year for the north shore! The beauty of our stretch from Cape Ann to Nahant is really something unique and a national treasure. It's downright spectacular when you throw in the fish hunting in packs along the beach, seeing them thru the windows in between the waves.

The usual backside haunts on the Cape had been quiet after the residents left... but the pressure cookers about to blow again. The inside lane thru Plymouth and down to the east end canal have been pretty hot lately, migratory mass movements obvious with some fish pushing over to the bayside flats due to bait shoals instead of shooting thru the ditch, but the fall classic on the outside beaches (two-hander territory) was late and I suspect just about to explode from the race to the Monomoys.

Then Rhody... in all likelihood a New Jersey stretch this year too.
Old 10-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Middle Aged Member

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy it Terry. Seems I blinked when passing through September and October and missed the action. Got a hall pass for Saturday though and it looks like the wind is going to lay down a bit so maybe I'll get a bit of a makeup.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Terry hit the nail on the head...its been awesome. Great fall here in New England, especially with the post season baseball we've had and all the bass and blues. Just perfect this year.

Nick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.