Thomas & Thomas DH 1511-3 spey rod - Fly Fishing Forum
For Sale by Owner Non-commercial items for sale!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2003, 11:37 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Nooksack Mac
Thomas & Thomas DH 1511-3 spey rod

Ready for a real muscle rod? T&T describes this model as "an extremely powerful rod at home on brawling, high gradient waters where sink tip lines and heavy flies are needed." Fifteen feet, three-piece, rated for #11 lines, but performs best with a 12-weight - which I'm including, for free.
Custom-built, with G. Loomis-style handle, black anodized spey reel seat, standard chromed 2-foot guides. Last year I rewrapped the dark blue blank with more appropriate blue thread and repositioned the stripping guides, which leaves marks where they were. This rod was used for several seasons; it's still sound, in very good condition.
Flytyer and I have cast this rod and his 1611 side-by-side, and agree that they differ only in one foot of length. Frankly, I find it to be a little too industrial-strength even for winter steelhead. But that's just me. If you want an ultimate power-pole for chinook salmon, tube flies, and extra-heavy sink-tips, here's your chance. $350 including shipping and a barely used Orvis DT12F spey line. (The rod now costs $790, and the blank alone lists for $474.)
...Or, I'll consider a trade for another spey rod or spey reel. What do you have that you're not using?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2003, 01:04 AM
Pullin' Thread

Mac is correct, this rod differs from my 1611 only in length. At this price, someone is going to get a bargain! (especially if they have another spey rod to swap) The T&T 1511 is a great rod for tossing big flies and heavy tips. If someone is looking for a thunder stick for winter fishing or chinook, here's your chance.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:58 AM

Mac, are you interested in a Bruce and Walker Powerlite 7/8/9? If you are, drop me an email at: mrmcclure@shaw.ca

That's a 14' by the way.

Theocritus

Last edited by BeBop; 10-15-2003 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.