Lincoln Park - Fly Fishing Forum
Ocean Flyfishing for Salmon Perhaps the most under-rated fishery in the world

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-19-2003, 12:07 AM

Lincoln Park

Lincoln Park Report or "Hours of Boredom Interrupted by Periods of Sheer Excitement."

Four of us fished the incoming tide this morning from 6:30 to 1am1. There were only two gearfishers on the beach and one of them had a wriggling fresh-caught silver behind him. Soon, two more flyfishers and three more geartossers showed up to make a total of seven fishers on the beach.

A quarter hour later, I hooked an absolute monster coho. This baby hit like the proverbial freight train. It turned on the popper just short of the beach, wallowed while I set the hook, then tail-walked away in a wide sweeping semi-circle towards Vashon. It was a big strong fish that got into the backing three times after I had him to the beach. It also put on one of the best aerial shows I've had in a long time. But this one was not meant to be. On the fourth long run, it dove deep, twisted and came unbuttoned.

For the next two hours, my lost fish was the topic of conversation on the beach. All in all, four of us turned ten fish on poppers while the gearboys hooked and landed one. At 9:30, I hooked one of about five pounds that charged the fly as if it was his last meal.

It was.

Leland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2003, 01:03 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Sounds awesome. With the M's on the edge, I'm glad someone's getting hits in the clutch!
Old 09-19-2003, 02:12 PM

Slugging Percentage

Wow! makes me shake even as I sit here. I'd say Leland has the Mojo and the M's are toast!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.