Denver - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2003, 01:14 AM
Coednakedspey

Denver

The Denver fly fishing show was this past weekend, was it not?

If so, if anyone attended, what's the report? What's new? What's hot? Anything worth mentioning?

I heard a rumour that Simms was supposedly coming out with an even more bomb proof jacket than the current XCR guide jacket. If so, was this seen at the show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2003, 07:13 AM

Scott:

I didn't get to see the new jacket. Man I missed lots of stuff. I did get a chance to visit with Simm's design team about some of their "future" innovations though. As a competition angler and guide, we'll put lots of miles on gear in a short time period. In the future you might see some things like knee pads, vests with pockets that close so that fly boxes don't fall out, gloves that handle fish better, less things hanging out that grab fly lines, and many other ideas that are being kicked around. If you have any of your own now is the time to bring them up. Simms is on the cutting edge of fly fishing clothing and hopes to remain that way. They continue to be the icon of the waders business.

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.