Fly Fishing Forum banner

9/3 Cranes Beach

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 ·
Hit Cranes this am just before dawn. What an incrediblle peaceful morning. Hiked 6 miles in full battle gear in pursuit of last weeks Ipswich bay fish. They weren't there. The whole bay was quiet. Got a twinkie though, phewww.
Walked all the way to the Ipswich R. mouth. A school of decent fish were breaking up in the channel out of reach.
This was my first day out of the boat and into the waders. Awesome feeling getting back in touch with the shore.
Other observations:

There was the typical school working the rip about 2/3 mile in front of Cranes.
Bait is still silversides, no bunker. Bait pods are closest to Ipswich R. mouth end of things.
Keeping an eye on the No. Shoah.

Lefty

#3 ·
Oops, forgot about Mon. Sorry to not get back. The Mrs. overwelmed me with the dreaded "you're needed at home" only to sit and twittle my thumbs. :rolleyes: Hopefully the fish gods will reward me.

Gonna try Ipswich again Sat. with the boy and his best friend. Will report.
But you're right I got the fall bug. I'm going one day a week prework for the next 7 weeks :)

A few more flogs at Ipswich until the rocks get cooking!

#4 ·
I'm with you...at least one day a week! Beautiful Fall-y feeling last night on the Ipswitch. Warm water, cool air, front coming in, cloud cover, early sunset... I was stopping to take it all in, when my drag started singing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.