Pontoon Boat dealers in Terrace BC - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2003, 05:54 PM

Pontoon Boat dealers in Terrace BC

The only place I know of that might sell these sort of craft is the gas station/sporting goods store along the highway. Does anyone know any other possible dealers in Terrace?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2003, 09:09 PM

boats

I know for sure you can rent or buy a pontooner in Smithers at the sporting goods store on main street.

Have fun!

Speyman
Old 09-01-2003, 09:15 PM

You sound in a hurry.....

Hey Pesc. There is a full service fishing and hunting store right in town (Terrace)I would be suprised if they didn't have "craft". For that matter what about Southeastern Outfitters in Ketchikan? Don't tell me you are already "in country" I'm still a week away!
Old 09-01-2003, 09:45 PM

I'm still here in the rain and will be through this week. No pontoon boats to be had in K-town, but I figured I could find one in Terrace. I only know the one place there and they sure seem to have a good selection of flys and fly gear and I can fill up my tank there to boot!

I probably sound a bit hurried because I just found out the local "pontoon boat" I was planning on using has 6' long pontoons! More like a float tube. Made me a bit concerned that I'd be bank bound.... not that that's such a bad thing in some locales mind you!
Old 09-01-2003, 10:05 PM

Just now I have made my "Plan"...

So here it is , I'm out of here after my appointment with "somebody" at 0802 on Monday the 8th. I will drive until dark and pull over and restart at first light. this will put me in the AO in the late afternoon of 9/9. Hopefully there will be enough daylight to position everything and cut enough "dry firewood" to make good the first night in camp.
Actually I could look around and see whats happening on the used float boat scene here or for that matter if the time thing works I could just deliver one to you from one of the many shops around here.
I have been paying attention to the KTN weather, I feel your pain!
Here ,its so nice, I face the question "do I really want to go someplace where it will be raining and get dark early and be cold"? Sounds like the winter here, and yes I want to go there!
No tight lines till we meet on the bonny bonny banks of the ..........!
Old 09-01-2003, 11:36 PM

Pescaphile, if you can't find another pontoon boat buy an innertube and place it under the seat of your 6' boat. Buy one big enough that when it is inflated it wedges between the pontoons. Usually there are straps under the seat that when loosened will accomodate the tube slipping between them and the seat. I used this trick for several years with my old 6' pontoon boat. I floated several rivers with it, and I'm a big guy.

Theocritus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.