PayPal Details... - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2000, 04:59 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

PayPal Details...

For those I emailed about PayPal... it seems they don't tell the whole story when they tempted me to refer people. The fine print reveals a lot more is necessary of the referred party. No donation is made until all of the following steps are taken:

<font size="1">
Refer PayPal to a new user and get $5 as soon as the user completes these steps:

(1) Signs up for PayPal
(2) Confirms their email address
(3) Confirms a bank account
(4) Adds $100 or more by electronic funds transfer into their PayPal account
(5) Signs up for a Money Market Fund

To Refer-A-Friend, just copy and paste your unique Referral Link and email it to a friend. Your friend must use this referral link in order for you to receive your $5 bonus.
</font><!--1-->

This seems a little bit involved, so please don't think I expect people to do this unless it's something you are considering anyway to simplify payment and payment receipt from others in the FORUM (or eBay, etc).

Post any questions as replies if needed.

Juro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2000, 11:58 AM

RE:PayPal Details...

Also,

The first page of the signup has a bunch of "required" fields, one is home phone number. I have a unlisted home phone number & refuse to include it in any information. Anyways, after submitting the first page of information, it told me that I had not filled out a required field & would not let me proceed, so I bagged it. Guess it's snail-mail payments for me.
Old 12-12-2000, 12:48 PM

RE:PayPal Details...

<!--http--><a href="http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/privacy-outside" target="_blank">Paypal's privacy statement</a><!--url-->

If you have a credit card, your information is for certain sold to marketing and direct sales firms (my card company requires a home phone number to reduce their risk). The blind belief that any and all disclosures on the Internet is a grave risk is simply unfounded.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.