South Beach Outside Aug 17th - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Pencil me in.....

South Beach Outside Aug 16th

Fish located along the low tide break. Pink/squid violet foot long flatwings fished on a floating line with 30# trilene big game (green)

Last edited by jfbasser; 08-16-2003 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2003, 02:17 PM
Middle Aged Member

Is that a promise? I'll have to try it. Has to be better than the fishin I had this morning (the 16th).
Old 08-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Pencil me in.....

Edited the date to the 16th.....had so much fun forgot what day it was!
Old 08-16-2003, 02:40 PM
Middle Aged Member

Had two rods rigged, one for Chatham, one for the bayside flats. Woke up about 3:30 am and decided to sleep another half hour.... Overslept, so went to bayside at about 6:30. Birds and bait but no fish. The light and south beach tommorow, hopefully for the top of the drop. Front coming though, could be another fruitless outing.
Old 08-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Pencil me in.....

Don't know whats up for me tomorrow, depends on weather I guess. The traffic getting off the cape was brutal today. I am heading off to a big dinner right now!
Old 08-16-2003, 04:07 PM
President of CAC

Fishing was slow at the far south... but Dave pearson hit atleast 15 with his charter, and one at 37 inches.... farther North than Big Dave and CJS60 and I were... Fish Hawk got one at the same place as Pearson was..but Dave was long gone and heading to the place where the incoming would be good... I am still going inside tomorrow where Dave Was. Beach side Monday.
Old 08-16-2003, 07:56 PM

Had a great time on our mini clave today. Great to fish with the Ironman. On the way back to the shuttle I saw to very large cows sunning themselves. They are there. Good to see CjS60. Hoosey Tom (Dave's client) I look forward to fishing with you this Fall on the Hoosey.
If you want one of the best flats guides around book Dave Pearson . One of the best.
Fishhawk
Old 08-16-2003, 08:57 PM
President of CAC

Fish Hawk... I agree and I look forward to "scouting" with him tomorrow again.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:15 PM

Fished with Striblue and Fishhawk on the inside. Went to the ocean side after Striblue left to fish the incoming. Landed a dozen fish 75%/25% bass to blues. The bluefish were 3-4 lbs and the bass low to mid twenties. Bass must be feeding heavy, all very fat for there size. All fish took sand eel patterns. Left after the mung got to thick to fish. Took the 2:45 back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pamet.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	2148  

Last edited by CSJ60; 08-17-2003 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:56 AM

Thumbs up

CSJ60 should have joined you on the way back to the shuttle. Nice pattern .I have a few of those will try them next time. Good report. FishHawk
Old 08-18-2003, 06:20 AM

Guys, this is the area I hope to be in fishing in on Sat September 6 during my vacation.

I've posted a request to hook up with anyone who's fishing South beach/chatham on the main board (At last I'm gonna get there...)but have had no joy so far.

Could one of you give me an idea of where to park my car, where to head for etc so that I can at least wet a line.

Many thanks.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:43 AM
Flats Rat

Phil

I'm sure there will be lots of guys from the forum on the cape that week-end. Not sure if I'll be up.

Head to Chatham and park at the lighthouse car lot - you're safe from 4:30 p.m. until 9:30 a.m. I got ticketed twice last year so don't believe what they say about things relaxing after labor day! Most folks start the day at the light - it's sort of a tradition. Then drive down to Morris Island Road and park at the causeway - first Rip Ryder shuttle leaves at 08:00. Destination will either be South Beach or North Monomoy depending on tides, weather, prior days action etc...

I would start a new thread
Old 08-18-2003, 12:48 PM

Hmm...sounds like I should have moved outside.

Wind did not lay down like it was supposed to on Saturday until too late. The outgoer was a total bust for me and then saw fish breifly on the incomer - before the clouds moved in. I did see a huge fish flash about 5 feet in front of me that was easily 40".

Overall a very slow day for me - Dave P must have hit them on his way down becuase it was dead quiet among the 4 or 5 anglers where we were fishing in the afternoon. Next weekend will be different

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.