Rip Trip Roster for tomorrow - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2003, 07:24 AM
President of CAC

Rip Trip Roster for tomorrow

Here is our Roster and I will confirm tonight if we are still on... but for now we are... Me, Birdfish, CSJ60, FredA, SeanM, Jimmy, Doogue, Big Dave, GreggD.... and Juro if he can make it ,makes 10....... The Rip Ryder has been going each day this week and the afternoon has been good... so if we have no T- Storms and the wind stays down which it has all week...please make your personal araingements that we are On... Watch the Board today and I or Keith will confirm this evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2003, 07:39 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Current listing from NOAA... as of 8:40am

Saturday.
Showers early in the morning. Then more showers likely with a chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

It will be wet, but so are the fish.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:37 AM

John,
If the trip is a go, where and when will we meet? Thanks.
Dave
Old 08-08-2003, 10:50 AM
President of CAC

Dave, we meet at 6 am at the Causeway at Morris Island... the far end toward Morris Island..Thanks Juro... same weather forcast as each day basically.. right now hazy sun in Chatham.. Humid... If keith sees no T-Storms in OUR area he will go... Rain heavey each of the last two nights...but not in the afternoons.... so this is where we are now at 12 noon.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:15 AM

What are people doing for lodging this evening? Anyone want to split a motel?

John I will call you before making the trip down tonight.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:53 PM
President of CAC

It's 5 right now and I just spoke to Ed at the Rip Ryder... keith is checking the radar ..but as on now we are a GO!
Old 08-08-2003, 04:35 PM
2 handed Fly Chucker

Ok 6 am at the Causeway it is... Looking forward to getting out with you guys. Hope the fish show and not the lightning.

Tight lines,
Greg.
Old 08-08-2003, 06:05 PM
Jonesin...

Final Call Time?

John,

Do you expect to have another check in tonight? I will be driving down in the a.m. and would opt to fish closer to home if the trip is not on.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 08-08-2003, 06:57 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Ditto on the final call time.

For us dudes with long drives ahead of us - and good water closer to home - it would help to get an update tonight.

Thanks for helping out John.

-Mike
Old 08-08-2003, 07:33 PM
President of CAC

Doogue... doing the best I can... Just watch the board and keith will post...if he does not we are ON... If there is a weather problem in the morning ...well, you can either go back or spend the day fishing somewhere. I will post a final post about midnight...
Old 08-08-2003, 07:44 PM
Wanna be striper bum

John,

I am not knocking you at all. You have been a juggernaut with the Rip Trip planning. Thanks.

NOAA is now predicting the following and I am just doubtful:
Sat: S Wind around 15 kt. Seas 4 to 6 Ft in S swells. Areas of fog with vsby 1 NM or less. Showers and tstms likely.

Frankly, with those seas and TSTMS it doesn't look too chipper to me. But I am not backing out yet. I will check again at 3 AM as I prepare to depart. I actually like fishing in the rain so that is not too much of a factor.

Yet we shall see what Mother Nature has to say about this trip...

-Mike
Old 08-08-2003, 08:22 PM
President of CAC

Doogue..you are right... this weather pattern is strange..that is.. It is crashing in Boston and hazy sun here... and then viseversa...So I think taht these T- Storms could pop up any where...So I can not tell... but if it does what it has.. we might get it in... We can also get a 3 pm pick up.... If things look bad..keith will come and get us pronto.... If things look bad for the 7 am... it might be an 8 am departure....Just keep checking the board... if keith Calls me instead..I will post ASAP. Everyone should check the board just before they leave.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:33 PM

Rip Trip

John,

I called your house earlier and left a message with one of your boys. Wanted to talk about the weather. I am waiting now to listen to the 9pm on NECN. Their weather dude has completely changed his forcast from 6pm. There was a change in the location of the front coming through. It sounds like the bulk of the rain is going to be west, but on the coast side the wind is going to be SouthWest and he is calling for winds from 10-25.
I just talked to john while posting. I am going to watch the 10pm from wbz and 56 and I will post right after. This crazy weather pattern is certainly making it more difficult than usual. My earlier concern was, that you would not have any cover, if we got the thunder storms. Other than the light house, you would all be the tallest thing on the island.:eyecrazy:

Will post some time around 10:30 pm

Keith
Old 08-08-2003, 10:05 PM

Lets try again

THIS SUCKS!!

The only thing I am sure of is the pea soup fog in the morning. I have one report of SW 10-15 and another of 10-25. Most are on the same page of saying a good chance of thunder storms in the morning and then increased chances in the afternoon and into the evening. We have had increases in wind each day this week before and after these small weather cells go through.
I am going to lean towards the side of caution and cancel this one. My primary concern is the chance of Thunderstorms and not having the time to make it down to get you off in time, plus the increase in wind, if we do get some of these cells passing through as they have done all week.

John, I am willing to try every damn weekend from here on out until we get this trip done. You let me know when and we will pencil you in again.

Keith
Old 08-08-2003, 10:14 PM
Wanna be striper bum

Keith,

No worries. It is better that we play it safe and sound when lightning and high winds might trap us out there.

Many thanks to Keith and John for their efforts.

Sean, Sunday morning in your special spot? What do you say?

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.