Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hello From Kuwait!!

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Bob Pauli 
#1 ·
Hello from sunny, sandy Kuwait!!!
Things are starting to wrapup around here and I got a little time in a spot where I have some internet access. After emailing every friend and family member I could think of I decided to stop by here and take a look at the fly's. Maybe it's just the dessert, but they all look great! Fly fishing gave me something to close my eye's and think about at night to relax, I think I replayed fishing the head of the Buskin River in Kodiak 1000 times. I can't wait to get back to New Orleans (my current station) and head down to the salt! Your site is great! Thank you!
Salty_Fly@Hotmail.com

#7 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for all the replys!!! The support we've gotten from the home front has been amazing, it's nice to know we're supported. I won't be doing any traveling anytime soon, still about 3-4 months to do in country. By that time it should be cooled down a little in the south and the bugs shouldn't be so bad (;) Thinking positive).
Thanks again!

#9 ·
Affirmative!

Glad you are OK, and thanks for the swell job you did. Now, time for R&R - the kind where you get some GREAT fishing, some cool, frosty brews, feminine companionship, and good food, showers and a soft bed - and NOT necessarily in that order! :rolleyes:

The best to you and your buddies!

BobK :smokin:

#11 ·
Just adding my "Thanks" and appreciation for what you guys are doing and have done. We are all very proud of you and the rest of the military. A finer, more professional bunch of soldiers, sailors, pilots and marines there have never been.

In a small measure of appreciation, if you get to New England, I'll take you out for some Striper fishing, and I am sure there would be lots of others volunteering to do the same.

#15 ·
I'm home...almost

I made it back to the states!!!
I've taken 30 day's worth of leave and am visiting family and friends in the Va Beach area and getting ready to head upto the Eastern Panhandle of WV. I hope to get some fishing in in WV, my wife brought my favorite rod up with her when she met me in Norfolk. I'm going to visit some favorite old ponds and take a trip to the Smoke Hole section of the South Branch of the Potomac (where I caught my first trout on a fly rob).
Thanks for all the messages and It's great to be back!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.