Stillaguamish summer run returns - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2003, 01:40 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Stillaguamish summer run returns

All of the Stilly's summer run fish have been diverted to the Skagit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2003, 02:08 PM

Kerry

It is my belief that the two fish that MMM told of in the Skagit report were two of the fish you mentioned in your report. happened to be going through Darrington the other day and passed two fish trying to bum a ride out of town in the Skagit dirrection. I wanted to pick them up and ask what happened to their brothers and sisters but I don't pick up strangers anymore.

Whew! What a summer of fishing we are having. Guess I'll just head on down to the boat and drink gin & tonics for the rest of the week.

Everyone have a good weekend and please be careful if you see any stange fish headed over to the Skagit/Sauk region, they are desperate and dangerous out of water.
OC
Old 07-19-2003, 01:18 AM
Pullin' Thread

OC,

This summer is here in Puget Sound is sure seeding out the avid fly fishing steelheaders from the duffers though. Those of us who don't need an excuse to run off to the river for a few hours are still on the river getting some excercise in the fresh air. All the while hoping that the next cast or the next hour or the next day or the next week will have steel at the end of the line. Sure has eliminated the crowds and given those of use who are out chasing steelhead some solitude in most unlikely places.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:18 PM

Location: Stilly,Sky,And anything that flows into Puget sound
It might of eliminated some of the crowds,but it doesn't stop all the people from coming out and swim is all of the deeper holes. Stopped by the access at 127th on the N/F Stilly and there were people swimming in the upper hole and down around the bend it was a swimmers paradise. The people hatches are out of this world this year.

Jim
Old 07-20-2003, 11:51 AM

Unhappy "I feel your pain."

Ron M. and I were on the 'middle Rogue' (Grants Pass down) from day break til the heat drove us off the river at 1 pm. Thrashed the bloody thing to a pulp .... ZIP, NADDA, NOTHING.

Not sure what's more frustrating: fishing in a river with few fish and getting a zero, or fishing in a river that's chock a block and getting "skunked.''

Ron missed a couple of fish, I got a couple of resident trout ... but on a 15' 9wt Sage.... not much action there. What was even more frustrating is one of the two 'hooked' occured while I was walking up stream a few feet just draging my line behind me in the water. Trolling for Trout?

fae
Old 07-20-2003, 02:13 PM
Junkyard Spey

Jim, Your post flashed me back 35+ years to when I used to fish a desert stream in Socal. On the weekends this place was frequented by lots of people from the "sex, drugs, & rock and roll" generation. The ratio was about 4 to 1 female and a lot of them liked to skinnydip in this little river. It used to really tick me off to round a bend and find one of my favorite pools being used for things other than fishing but I always took some time to "enjoy" the visual delights an outdoorsman finds in his travels. At the end of the day my eyes looked like this. :eyecrazy:
When you have lemons, make lemonade.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:53 PM

Location: Stilly,Sky,And anything that flows into Puget sound
Well lemonade would not help any more. I have sooooo much snow on the roof. And I think that some of it leaked thru and put out what fire was left,out. Besides lately my eyes always look like this:eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :eyecrazy: :hehe:

Jim
Old 07-21-2003, 10:42 AM

Don't know about lemonade but eye candy on any river is a treat delight!!!!!

MJC,

Took those two coffee girls sailing yesterday, they are only 23 years old and way out of my league anymore. But a beautiful sail boat under full sail and two beautiful young women in bikini's sure brought back memories of days gone by.

Life is full of enjoyment.

OC
Old 07-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Junkyard Spey

Howdy O C

It sounds like you had a "MUCH BETTER" day than I did. I can see it in my minds eye, O C at the tiller with his Captains hat set at a jaunty rake while the two young coffee lasses frolic about the deck.
I spent my day watching Simon Gawesworth and Derek Brown while waiting for a hapless fly fisher to stop in. Take care, MJC
Old 07-21-2003, 11:41 AM
Mean Mr Mustard

OC,

Sir your math sucks. Everyone knows 23 X 2 = 46 and fair game!

Oh, and the frolicking to and fro -

mmm
Old 07-21-2003, 11:58 AM

MJC

Your minds eye was exactly on. Brought back memories of sailing into Pacific Island ports in the early seventies under full sail and under dressed Hippie chicks maning my dock lines. And yesterday all I could think of was going steelhead fishing. Ya right! Wonder where I can get a navy blue blazer/ white Bermuda shorts from the Metropolitan Yacht Club out of Newport RI to go with the captians hat? Will trade one old English tweed fly fishing jacket for the blue blazer.
OC
PS MMM,
You my good man are far smarter than me, now you tell me.

Last edited by OC; 07-21-2003 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:48 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Sure hope some steelhead show up soon. I can see some old hippies getting themselves into a bunch of trouble trying to re-live the old days.

OC, you are reminding me of some pretty fun days sailing with a friend in the San Juans. Sometimes I hate getting old. But, then again the alternative is to die young.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 PM

Kerry,
The way it's going so far this summer steelhead be damned. Bring on the eye patched thongs and more of them!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:22 PM
Junkyard Spey

Quote:
Bring on the eye patched thongs and more of them!
Aye, Aye, Captain!

OC, If you get a blazer does that mean I have to wear an ascot with my T-shirt and cut offs when we go to luch this year?:hehe:
Old 07-21-2003, 01:58 PM

MJC,

In the back hills country of Idaho I do not recomend you wearing an ascot for lunch, you could end up having your asscot by some good old boy in full camo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.