Bayside Parking - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2003, 04:57 PM

Question Bayside Parking

I plan to try the incoming near Paine's creek tomorrow morning. Does anyone know if the parking lot is open at 6 am or if there are other parking options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2003, 05:16 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
The parking lot does not have a gate per se. Not sure whether it is for residents only this time of year. I fish it in June, Sept/Oct and have no problem.

Oone cautionary note: the incoming tide rises 6 inches every 15 minutes on the bayside. There is a trench as you enter the flat, and if you wait too long after the tide turns, you may be over your waders on the way back to shore. The other issue is fog. Take a compass and make damn sure you have a heading to get back to shore.

If you haven't fished that particular stretch before, I strongly suggest that you look at it at low tide. The channel meanders around the flat, and its critical that you know where you are on that flat, particularly if the fog rolls in.

Be safe and wear an inflatable PFD on the bayside, whether its the flats or the creek mouths or you may end up in P'town.

Simms
Old 07-13-2003, 05:33 PM

Jims - Thanks for the parking info and the warning! I plan to be very cautious. Also, I have gotten into the habit of wearing my inflatable PDF/vest every time I venture out.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:06 AM

I fished that area last year and can confirm the warning about the trench. The guys who rake the sandeel wear small non inflatable PDF's. Good advise from Jim.
FishHawk
Old 07-14-2003, 06:32 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

I hope you're not out on the edge today! Or at least you're aware that there is a potential thundershower threat and it would be advisable to watch the sky to the southwest and make the .75 mile wade upon the first sign of foul weather.

I cancelled a trip this morning due to thundershower threat.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:24 PM

Yes Juro, Brewster trip was canceled. Fished the North/South River area near Situate instead. Unfortunately, not much was happening there.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:26 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Man, the weather folks really blew the call as well - the front that looked so nasty on radar seemed to pass without making much of a fuss on land. Certainly could have gone out with a good buddy today and not been barbequed afterall. Oh well, better safe than sorry.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.