Rip Trip tides. - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2003, 06:05 PM
resigned

Rip Trip tides.

Friday the 18th: HIGH 4:25 pm

LOW 9:59 am

Saturday the 19th: HIGH 5:32pm

LOW 10:45 AM
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2003, 07:18 PM
President of CAC

Correct me if I am wrong... thanks for starting this thread Phil...The low tide on the 19th,, Next saturday is 10:45 am... that would give us 3 1/2 hours of the late outgoing.... The next good dates ,as I see it , is on either side of July 25th, which has a high tide at 10:01... which gives us most of the outgoing during the whole day... so the 24th or 26th... or the 23rd.... so we should look at those dates... the outgoing ,forming the rip is what we shoot for... but fish have been caught all day, and there are flats and the Ocean side all along the southern tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2003, 09:13 PM
resigned

I can make the 23rd or 24th. 25th and 26th are out... wedding. Yes the 19th is a 10:45 low. Went back and checked for certain. Otherwise, I'll have to hook up with you guys on SBeach before the the season is over. Computer fishing stinks!!!!!!!!! John. If you would, please fill us in on the fall senario on the flats. I've never experienced the fall there.

Phil
Old 07-12-2003, 02:09 PM
I remember sometimes...,

John,
I could fish a rip trip on Sat. 7/19, Sun. 7/20 or Monday 7/21, if a group was pulled together.
Otherwise I will look for you and the penguin next weekend and hopefully cast a line and tell some stories on another beach.
Either way, I will call the CAC and Area 61 Headquarters on Friday 7/18, when I arrive W. Dennis.
I'll keep checking email, though Thursday, then I won't be able to get back on line for a while.
Cheers,
DK
Old 07-12-2003, 06:20 PM
President of CAC

OK... I will pull some dates together this week... I will try and schedule two trips With Back up day... so I will let Keith know what we are thinking and firm up 4 dates with him... We have got to get down there in July. Reports I am getting is that there are also Huge Blues in the mix which bodes well for any tides... 30 plus inches!!!!!! Bring Wire too....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2003, 12:00 PM
I remember sometimes...,

John,
I can go on either the 7/19, 7/20, or 7/21. If the trip was on 7/19, my brother in law, Darren, might join us.
I will check with him and look for your sign up sheet.
Thanks,
DK
Old 07-13-2003, 12:32 PM
Middle Aged Member

Though I can't make next weekend I think the tides are interesting. I don't think a trip has been done with that early a low tide. You would get to fish the best of the rip right off the bat and I think it would be real interesting to see how the hole in front of the rip (west) fishes as water starts dumping on the early incoming. Also gives you a lot of time time to fish the surf east of the rip. Do it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.