Rip Trip for Saturday---Canceled - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2003, 05:51 PM
President of CAC

Rip Trip for Saturday---Canceled

I will try for next Saturday... what are the Tides???? I will also check with Keith.... If Saturday does not work out we need to look for weekdays also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2003, 06:31 PM
obsessive/compulsive

Send a message via AIM to jimS
7/11 Report for N. Monomoy

No sightfishing today. Good incoming tide, and fished the deep end of the north. Not much there. Landed two 22-24 inches. Dave Browne, land three about the same. However, one guy on the Rip Ryder back, had about 20 in the rip at south end. One legal. Made the wrong decision again! Terns were over a large school of silversides, but, nothing underneath. Go figure.

See you in Sept.

Simms
Old 07-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Jim -

It was good seeing you again! I look forward to seeing you during the bunker days of September.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:02 PM
President of CAC

Jim ,I t was good seeing you ...wish the rip trip worked out but since you will be back in september, we will schude a couple during that month...
Old 07-14-2003, 08:54 AM

Talking good meeting everyone.

Great to meet everyone on Friday morning, even though the trip was cancelled. Given the drive from Uxbridge made the most of the day, and seeing as you could see the surf on South Beach from N. Monomoy, opted to try Monomoy instead.

Covered the island twice top to bottom looking for concentrations of fish. Picked up a few fish under working terns early in the day, and then hit the mother lode in a small rip just off shore. Loads of fish, and although there were some surface swirls, I could not entice any with a gurgler.

Looked for a while like the sun might break through, so I wandered down to the southern flats, but there was never enough sun for the water to look like anything other than a mirror, so bagged it after 30minutes or so.

Another few stripers and a handful of blues in the deep water on the east side to end the day.

As Jim says, terns were going ballistic on siversides crossing a number of sandbars, but there did not seem to be any fish under them whatsoever.

Weather was great at home on Saturday, so I figured you all would be knocking them dead. maybe next time.

Regards,

mark
Old 07-14-2003, 09:27 AM
President of CAC

Nice to meet you as well and it seems like your day was good anyway...Nice to be out there fish or no fish...
Old 07-14-2003, 09:45 AM
I remember sometimes...,

Talking

John,
I am available for a re-sheduled rip trip on either Sat 7/19, Sun 7/20 or Mon 7/21. If the trip is on Sat 7/19 I would have two fishermen-me and my brother in law, Darren Andreoli.
I apologize it you get this message twice, I am having PC problems and my PMs to you are not getting through.
Dennis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.