Rip Trip Backup--Saturday,July12 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2003, 07:14 AM
President of CAC

Rip Trip Backup--Saturday,July12

Just finished speaking with Keith and a bunch of the guys who were at the Causeway... WE ARE ON for Tomorrow..keith will confirm again tonight... Right now We have the following definits....Me, Fix, CJS60, JimSimms,... We picked up Dave Brown this morning who has fished with Simms for the last couple days and can definitly make it........5..... Bonefishmon(Phil)...Keith would take us at 8am AFTER his birders trip...that's why he initially did not want to do Saturday...but felt that he could accomodate us at 8 AM... Are you in?.... MikeM has priority so with both of you...that makes 7....JFBasser and FredA are out...MikeS showed up this morning but he can not make it tomorrow.. Big Dave has no computer but will call me tonight and he MAY be able to make it. Geoff was there also and he maybe able to make it but will call me toight as well.... so... with Phil and MikeM..that makes 9 and Sprocket says he can make it that mkes 10... I would think Juro will standby and take a vacant slot should one happen....so we have 10 if Phil and mikeM confirm and geoff and Big Dave say yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2003, 07:22 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Man there is nothing I'd rather do than take the rip trip with the prototype two-handers in the morning Oh yah baby I can just feel that line flying out now....

I have a promise to my family and unless they relieve me of it I will be keeping it. Too bad the weather went to crap, these family plans were contingent on the weather. If the sun was out, everyone would've gone to the Cape. Now that's off so it's not likely I can take up the slack.

Good luck, with all this bait around and the fish seeming to be magnetized around the elbow of the cape this year I would put all my chips down on the table that it will be a Rip Trip classic this time.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:08 AM

Since it's looking like Juro's out. I may be able to make it if you have a cancellation. I'll keep checking the boards throughout the day to see what's going on.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:12 AM

JM - I will try to call Big Dave later today.

Where & what time? That's all I need to know for now

8am @ the lighthouse or something?
Thanks,
TMS
Old 07-11-2003, 11:06 AM

In

I am in.

Fired up to hit the Rip tomorrow.

May the weather gods have mercy on us...we are due.

I'll be at the causeway at 7:30am.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:00 PM
resigned

Count on me coming if Capt. Keith doesn't call it again. Mike M. is out so that spot is now available. Will be great to to match some faces to the stories I've heard. Please, someone take me under their wing tommorrow. I'm more of a shallow water guy. Pray for light wind!!!!!! Everything else is near perfect.

Phil
Old 07-11-2003, 01:06 PM
resigned

I'm in!

Count on me coming if Capt. Keith doesn't call it again. Mike M. is out so that spot is now available. Will be great to to match some faces to the stories I've heard. Please, someone take me under their wing tommorrow. I'm more of a shallow water guy. Pray for light wind!!!!!! Everything else is near perfect.

Phil
Old 07-11-2003, 01:08 PM
resigned

I'm in!

Woops! Wasn't sure the first two repies went through.

Phil
Old 07-11-2003, 01:51 PM
President of CAC

Here is the list as of 3 today..... Me, Fix, CJS60, Jim Simms, Dave Brown, Bonefishmon, Big Dave, Sproket, MattB, and Geoff... Not sure if Geoff can make it... He will call me tonight ... so we may end up with 9...some others should watch the board because Keith will post early this evening if we are off... Sproket... We leave at 8 am NOT 7 this time.... I will meet you at the Light House at 7am and you can follow me to the Rip Ryder. I will post later to night if we are on looking for a replacement for Geoff if he can not make it.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:28 PM

Wife just called, she's getting pressure from the family to come to the cottage. There's hope!

But I don't want to take a spot, it would be unfair since I am likely not going to know until this evening.

John, please schedule any definite takers ahead of me at this point. I've done the trip many many times, let someone else experience our discovery!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:15 PM
President of CAC

Juro... Geoff may very well be out... If he is you are in... This gets hard..You were on the bubble... and MattB signed on today...I put him in because I understood you were out... So... I agree with you...But you had better standby since I really think Geoff will be out because He needs to leave the Cape tomorrow and has his family down with him....stay turned...
Old 07-11-2003, 04:18 PM

Juro, I didn't mean to hop ahead of you in the alternate line. I'm planning on heading down to fish either way and I definitely threw my hat in the ring at the last possible second, so if I'm number 11 when I get there I don't have a problem just heading out to fish south beach
Old 07-11-2003, 04:20 PM

Not at all Matt - I am still up in the air so the definites take the slots. I won't even know if we're going until this evening. but thanks anyway! GO FOR IT!!
Old 07-11-2003, 05:09 PM

No rip trip tomorrow either.

Sorry Guys,
The wind gods are going to rule the world of Monomoy tomorrow.
Most channels are calling for windy conditions, SW 15-20, but looking at the fronts coming in, I am going with the weather channel SW 25-30 in the afternoon.
They were right on the money today. They said it would pick up 15 - 25 SW. Right at 4:15, when I would have been heading out to get the group from this morning, it started blowing out of the SW. Craig and Jim were on board coming in on the 4 pm from N. Monomoy. Just imagine what kind of a ride that would have been.
You would have needed more than one Pine cone for that ride home.

John, just pick some more dates and let me know and we will try again.

Keith
Old 07-11-2003, 05:40 PM
I remember sometimes...,

John, Keith, et al.
IF you reshedule for either 7/19, 7/20 or 7/21 I would like to go with you guys.
I could, possibly have another person with me, but I will only commit for myself, at this time.
Dennis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.