Speedy recovery GregO! - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2000, 05:14 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Speedy recovery GregO!

Greg -

We are all with you in mind and spirit, and wish you a speedy recovery from your surgery tomorrow. Knowing your indellible enthusiasm for angling it must be tough for you to lose even one minute on the water - but the returns will be great for a little maintenance now.

Get well quick and look forward to seeing you on a clave soon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2000, 10:20 AM

RE:Speedy recovery GregO!

Greg's surgery went well (almost). They found a stone lodged in his bile duct and will have to go in for it this morning with an auroscope, but other than that his recovery should be coming along well.
Old 08-23-2000, 12:25 PM

Today's non-invasive surgery techniques are really wonderful. I used to visit a company that made all kinds of surgery tools that enter thru little holes and replace the opening of cavities to get the job done. They display all of their instruments on the walls of their main conference room. Although we were all aware (thru friends and relatives) of the ease they bring to people needing surgery, as we sat in the conference room we could not help but feel we were visiting Doctor Frankenstein!
Old 08-24-2000, 09:05 AM

Go Grego on the recovery. We need you at the Boneclave/Rhody and beyond! Our thoughts and prayers with you.

Terry
Old 08-24-2000, 11:10 AM

Spoke to Greg last night (Wednesday). By the time they went in after the remaining stone, it had worked itself out. No further procedures needed! Sometime late in the afternoon, they recinded the no-beverages order, and Greg commenced with the slushies and ginger ale. 36 hours without so much as a glass of water. Not fun at all.

He's in some pain, but will be heading home today and convalescing on Bass River all next week.
Old 08-25-2000, 09:55 AM

Greg,

Get well soon dude.
Old 09-02-2000, 07:21 PM

Thanks for your good thoughts & positive energy! All went well. No food or dink for almost 48 hours really sucked. At least now I know why I felt crappy for about a month, so much so that I could not muster enough energy to fish !?

The week in Yarmouth was just what I needed. I felt good enough to get the boat Monday. Could not pass up on the dock that was included with the cottage. Al & I caught some blues Wednesday off Wackie (Sacconset Shoal sp?). We also chased some funny fish around, but could not hook up ?! We also made a fog-bound, no chart trip to South Monomoy on Friday, not the smartest decision. I will make a more complete post on Tuesday. But I'm looking forward to Bonz 2000. Once again Thanks. GregO.
Old 09-03-2000, 06:55 AM

No DINK for 48 hours????? Boy, you bet that was an extraoridinary recovery.

Glad to hear you're up and at 'em again,

Juro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.