7/6 and 7/7 Monomoy report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 11:40 PM

Cool 7/6 and 7/7 Monomoy report

Went out both days for the aft. incoming.
1st day lost a few flys to blues somewhere on the outside between N and S Monomoy. Moved in as the tide came in and hit a 28" on a crab pattern. Saw a bunch of others that I missed (a few large). later on I hit the edge of a flat @ the southern tip of S. Monomoy and saw hundreds of fish feeding on sm. sandeels...managed 1 24".
2nd day hit the same general area and scored a 22' on a crab. Then got a 30" on a sandeel pattern which was lucky seeing that all the other fish would only follow. that fish had a seal bite on the tail, with half the tail missing. I anchored up by the same flat edge as Sun. and hit a 24" on a sandeel patern that was refused by hundreds of others.
Pardon the lack of distinct locations as I really don't know exactly where I was, being a 2nd timer in these parts. Boy these fish are FINICKEY! I am dead tired as i compose this and after a few cocktails can barely gather thoughts, so I'm off to bed and hoping the remainder of the week brings more luck w/ weather and stripes!
Good luck to all on the Rip Trip! If any of you guys would like to join me I'll be here till Sat. and would welcome the company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Thanks for the report and invite Mark! Glad to see my pet stripers aren't giving themselves up too easy while I am up north

Seriously, yes they have gotten into their July mood haven't they lately! Good luck I hope they snap out of it for you. Keep us posted.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:57 PM
President of CAC

Mark...I am around all week... I will PM you my home phone.... we certainly can do no worse than the day I had today...see my post on the North Monomoy report.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.