Rip Trip Confirmation Roster - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2003, 09:47 PM
President of CAC

Rip Trip Confirmation Roster

July 11... departure 7am... arrive at Morris island at 6:30... departing MUST be sharp.. Keith has his regular day trips starting at 8. The List..1).Striblue....2) FredA.... 3)DFix.....4) JFBasser.....5)CSJ60....6)Salty Dog....... 7)Bonefishmon....8)Big Dave....9)JimSims....10)Geoff....List of what to bring later this week.... Only respond If you are out... otherwise you are in... MikeM, Mark S and Juro are on the bubble to replace anyone dropping out..$30 dollars each.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2003, 11:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to BobD Send a message via Yahoo to BobD
Quick heads up to those of you heading out on the Rip Trip. Linda and I spent last week on the Cape. On Wednesday we drove the boat down to the Rip for a change of scenery. Her choice not mind, I was having fun on the Flats. There was a young whale carcuss lying on the Southern Tip of South Monomoy near where the rip forms to the West. It did not appear to have been there very long as it was largely intact. Some Gulls where pecking at it. If they just leave itthere, it might be getting a little ripe by the time you get there.
Old 07-07-2003, 12:05 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

WOW! The mysterious Bob Desplaines is in the building! Nice to hear from you dude.

Hmmm.... this is a first, putting noseplugs on the list of essentials for the rip trip? :eyecrazy:
Old 07-07-2003, 12:49 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Bob... I will check with Keith but he did not mention it today when I saw him...my only concern is the D**n Weather again...might have to form a Saturday contingent in that event..so all roster guys should be thinking of Saturday also..if not we will need replacements..... If the whale is still there... AArrh Matee... we can carve out the teeth and and do rip trip scrimshaw.Or... we can chum for sharks.... bring your wire..
Old 07-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Pencil me in.....

Coastal waters from Provincetown MA to Chatham MA to Nantucket MA out
20 NM-
1030 AM EDT Tue Jul 8 2003

Fri: SW Wind 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 7 Ft. A chance of tstms and areas of fog with vsby less than 1 NM in the morning, then a chance of tstms early in the afternoon.

Sat: SW Wind 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 7 Ft.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:45 AM
Middle Aged Member

So is there a plan B for Friday.

Seems to be conflicting forcasts. Guess we're on the fence as to location of fronts. Intellicasts' windcast has wind out of the northeast at 8:00am Friday in the 5 to 10 knots range if I read it right. Looks like it could turn west or SW later in the day.

I've got got Fix, Basser and BigDave at my place Thurs eve. If anyone else has e'mailed me and I have not responded resend. I've got a quick trigger finger on the delete key for e'mail addresses I don't readily recognize.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:09 PM
President of CAC

Fred... The plan B for Friday is North Monomoy or South Beach I guess.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:25 PM
Fluff

I don't know if either Fred or John is sitting at his keyboard right now, so...

A venerable contributor to other boards, owner of a Carolina 28, suggests that any time NOAA says one thing, it be compared to Intellicast for reality's sake, then averaged to get a more accurate perspective of the true conditions. Based on his personal experience, it seems to work.

Also, as tomorrow is a prep and travel day for me, and seeing as I'm a rookie on this trip, would John please get his list of 'things to bring' done before I hit the road? - Thanks.

Last edited by DFix; 07-09-2003 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:26 PM

John - will Keith let you know by a certain time on Thurs night?

Fingers crossed....

Dave
Old 07-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Middle Aged Member

Updated intellicast windcast now agrees with NOAA.

I left my tyeing stuff down the cape so I'll have to tie up a couple of rip flys tommorow night. Also looking for tutorage (tutorage?) on crab and shrimp patterns. So anybody in the vicinity that wants to tie one o...a few I've also got a modest selection of pogie oil. Thats if you're not adverse to cheating (scented flys).
Old 07-09-2003, 04:52 PM
President of CAC

Ok... Keith will let me know Thursday eve... and will probably post as he has done before... Regardless of what the Big shots (NOAA) in weather say it is ultimatly Keiths call. Safety is his concern and anyone who made the last rip trip will remember how the weather changed on us and we all have sore backsides(not to mention some broken reels and other things) on the trip home in a following sea with a strong SW wind. I will list in a separate post what to bring... but common sense for a day fishing without the luxury of using your car for a storage facility is the key.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.