Rip Trip---July Update#2 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2003, 04:51 PM
President of CAC

Rip Trip---July Update#2

Ok..10 days to go..MarkZ is out..I have Me, JBasser, FredA, CSJ60, SaltyD, Bonefishermon and geoff...Fix has not contacted me since I last spoke to him and I hope Pete will make it...WE NEED THREE MORE PEOPLE....Is Bonefishermon's friend In?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2003, 08:02 PM
resigned

I'll talk to my friend when he gets back on Saturday. His name is Michael Melford, currently on a photo assignment in Africa with National Geographic. You may have seen some of his cover photos on Saltwater Flyfishing a few years back. Interesting fellow and a great fisherman. Please count him in for now.

Phil Sheffield
Old 07-01-2003, 10:02 PM
I remember sometimes...,

John,
What is the date for this. I will be on Cape,, from Friday 7/18 to Tuesday, 7/22.
If it is during one of those dates, I would love to join you guys.
DK
PS, I also sent you and Penguin private messages.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:58 PM
President of CAC

Dennis..this trip is July 11... I send you a PM with my Phone and e-mail...but I am having some trouble with the dial up so let me know whether you received the PM or not....I will schedule another trip for the end of July.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:23 AM

Still got room for one more?
Old 07-02-2003, 08:38 AM
President of CAC

Dave, You are in...that makes 8...JSimms says he is in if he can get a place to stay the night before...can FredA put him Up?..I can not.. Bonefishmon has his friend but that is not official... so we now have 10.... But I will need a definite from Bonefishmon by the weekend which is when I will ask all guys listed to confirm on a confirmation post.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:50 AM

If it's friday the 11th, I may be able to join....have to let you know tomorrow if that's OK...

mark
Old 07-02-2003, 10:23 AM
Fluff

I'm In

Contingent on Fred being able to put me up the nite before.

Penguin - re: our telcon of several days ago; I will either call you tonite, or you call me. Which do you prefer??? It's "your call" !!! :hehe:

Last edited by DFix; 07-02-2003 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:02 AM
President of CAC

OK...so far here is the Prioriy for the remain two spots... Big Dave took one of the three with a firm commitment..... So for the two spots we have first Dave Fix...then Mike M. who will commit one way or another on Saturday ,and two fillers if some one drops out. The two fillers ,in prioriy are Jim Simms and MarkS. Mark says he May be able to make it...Jim Needs lodging. Now by Tuesday od next week will be the cut off...If we have ten and someone doen't show or cancels at the last minute they owe the forum the 30 dollars which will go to the guys who show up. I will nevertheless try to fill the spot. Any Questions?
Old 07-02-2003, 11:10 AM

Just want to confirm here that I am definitely in for the 11th. I will be on the Cape starting this coming Sunday- without web access- so wanted to confirm early. I will have a cell phone with me.

On that note- if anyone would like to hook up for some additional fishing during the week - just let me know. This is my second year out on the Cape- staying in Chatham with wife and daughter but if anyone wants to explore by kayak or just fish/meet up for a few hours on the beach....

Tied up some light brown crab flies last night.. and ordered the sinking line for the rip.

Can't wait.

Geoff
Old 07-02-2003, 04:23 PM
President of CAC

Jim Simms has just confirmed with me that he is a definit... He missed the last two trips and should have priority. Now this is difficult for me at this point... I have to go with those who are certain to attened... We will not know about Mike M until Saturday so it is not fair to include him when there are definits before him... Bonefishmon can PM me. Mike S is also on the bubble. But right now I have 9 firm commitments with Dave Fix letting me know tonight once he gets in touch with Fred for lodging...If Fix goes out..Mike M. is in so long as he confirms though Bonefishmon on Saturday. Mark S. in an alternate. This is the best I can do at this point.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Middle Aged Member

Dave , Jim, and anyone else looking for a place to stay Thursday night before the Rip trip, send me an e'mail and I'll reply with directions. fabrahamso@aol.com
Old 07-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Due to a postponement of my trip up north to salmon country, I may be able to fill any empty spots. Let me know.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:47 AM

Unhappy I'm available

Looks like I'm on the waiting list....but I'm available 100% to go....and will probably head out to the area regardless, so if there are any others interested in a non-rip-trip.....

mark
Old 07-03-2003, 04:45 PM
President of CAC

Juro...you are on the bubble but I hope we can work it out... you , MarkS and MikeM are on the bubble. I will ask for final comitments on Sunday Night .... I will keep you three on the bubble right up to the day since I am never absolutly sure if something comes up for someone... If the guys on the bubble fish that day..It might be that if they plan on being there at 7 you never know... if they can not get on the rTrip they can always take the next shuttle at 8 for South Beach or N. Monomoy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.