Bayside, 7/1 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2003, 04:29 PM
Middle Aged Member

Bayside, 7/1

Been fishin with old family friend/brothers father-in-law yesterday and today. One mid day schoolie yesterday and a lot of work to look at fish on the flats but not catch today. Picky picky. We checked out the creek early then setup for the onslaught on the flood. Fish were as late showing up as Striblue showin up fashionably late at the light with coffe in hand. When they arrived they arrived in ones and two's for the most part and not at all interested in what I was trying to feed them. Saw enough fish, including some big's to maintain interest but it was frustrating. There was an outragous amount of bait in the water. Expecting better things tommorow, one more day removed from the last front to pass through. Late yesterday afternoon we had fun with schoolies from the yaks and got my first flyrod yak fish.

Went down to Fishing The Cape this afternoon to browse and picked up a copy of Saltwater Flyfishing . Guy said he'd been really been moving the rag today though one person bought 6 copies. I said it must of been John and there was a spontaneous outburst of "how'd he know that" laughter. Great piece John, I need to get your autograph now.

Last edited by FredA; 07-01-2003 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2003, 04:55 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Fred..sorry I could not make the bayside, but with my wife not down I need to be back before the kids get up...So I just headed out at 7 to make an 8... tomorrow I will explore the Lighthouse sand bars heading out toward the break... the tide is right at this time...But fred i will have plenty of time to make the bayside with you this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.