Deleware for stripers???? - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2003, 02:09 PM
GL Surf Smurf

Deleware for stripers????

I will be visting my grandmothers house this up coming week. I was wondering if there are any opportunities to catch stripers and other salt dwelling fish on the fly??? I have fished for stripers on conventional tckl with my grandparents friends but I am a big flyfisherman and just wondering where to try, cause there is noyt alot to do there and figured stripers would be great along with other fish...If you have any info what so ever please email me steelieboy4life@yahoo.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

(bump)

I'm not sure what residency stripers take in summer there but they were sure all over the Delaware area in winter according to folks from that area... maybe a search on keywords would rouse up the folks from that area or past info
Old 06-26-2003, 09:00 AM

I belong to a club called the Delaware Saltwater Fly Rodders who will be coming up to fish with us in August. If you e-mail Rick Ranalli(rran2534@aol.com) he can give you info on Delaware. Tell him you were given his name by a member and friend of Bill O'Connor. Hope it pays off.
Brian O'Connor
Old 06-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dansteelieman
ahhh yesss....

Are the fish in the backbays and estuaries right now or more towards the surf? What about flats, are any avalible in the area. I believe that most of it will be surfin' like I do for steelhead here. I know I will have my spey rod on the beach if so!
Old 06-30-2003, 08:03 AM

The world really is a small place.

Rick Ranalli is the guy who showed me where and what to fish with the fly on my first two vacations to Delaware. I emailed him only this morning to exchange notes on how the fishing was in Delaware/Scotland.

I, for one, am so grateful that communities like the Forum and the Saltwater Fly Fishers of Delaware exist and are on the web 'cos it unites fly rodders from around the globe and saves people like me from casting in the dark. It's only 9 weeks on Thursday 'till I have the chance to fish your waters!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.