Fly Fishing Forum banner

switching gears

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
So just when the saltwater action is really starting to crank, I am switching gears and heading up to salmon country. Four days on the New Hampshire-Canadian border, hoping to catch the tail end of the smelt run and nail a few land locked Atlantics that move out of the lakes nad into the river mouths to fatten up.

While not original natives, many of these fish are multi-seson holdovers or born in the wild, as the once-stocked population is now self-sustaining. Look for the report sometime next week. hopefully this trip will make up for my having to work through the spring clave!

Jeff

p.s. Juro, send me you mailing adress and I will forward you a great article the Environmental Law Journal I used to work on just put out on fish farms and regulating aquaculture--i think you will like...

#2 ·
Sounds like a great plan, the striper season will continue but the salmon season won't. Gorgeous country too. Swing a marabou smelt for me up there!

Thanks in advance for the article, I'll email my mailing address right away.

Look forward to hearing about your trip to the north country.

Juro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.