Upper Rogue River fish report. - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-19-2003, 03:27 PM

Upper Rogue River fish report.

As of midnight last night inflow to the Warm Springs dam (30 miles above Medford) was 1,493 cfs .... out flow! at 3,010!!! (Float the Queen Mary in that much water:eyecrazy: ) River temp was 50.9 degrees (premo)

Fish count as of June 1:

Spring Kings - 23,647
Summer steelhead - 116

Actually into the hatchery as of 6-16-03
Kings - 7,536
Steelhead - 23

Soooo, given the spread above, and ignoring the river is basicly unfishable with fly gear, still a lot of the buggers floating around out there. Suspect the high flows are holding them back.
fae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2003, 10:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to fish-head
Fred , I am confused on your report ? Have I missed something since I have been working out of town ? Fish-head:hehe:
Old 06-22-2003, 01:42 PM

Hi Andy! Not so my Son.

The flow info/fish count was as of a couple of days ago off the river/fish 800#. Info to the dam is quite down at this point, but the Corp of Eng. is dumping water like mad. Yuck.

Higher in the river the gear guys are using 3 oz. of lead to fish for the kings. Below Grants Pass, where the river widens out in several places (Schroader sp? Park) water is very fishable with a two hander.
fae

Bingo! Andy think I know where you're getting lost. We now have two fish reports: first, the big one, is the counter numbers which are always behind the times. The Hatchery Guys are now providing (usually) a current report of what's actually in their pen-stocks.

fae

Last edited by fredaevans; 06-22-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-22-2003, 04:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to fish-head
I didn't know the that the Upper Rogue outflow came out of Warm Springs Dam . Fish-head
Old 06-22-2003, 10:01 PM

Well, the better term would be ...

The corp of eng. controls the flow at this point. And I can remember a few times that I'd suspect the hatchery guys would want to kill the sob's for flipping the switch without letting them know before hand.

So goes our "government?"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.