I hate work - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2003, 11:13 PM
the speypages guy

I hate work

I hate work. I really hate work. I really really hate work. I really really really hate work. I really really really really hate work.

Two months off in the summer (even without pay) makes it all worthwhile. Two months off in the summer (even without pay) makes it all worthwhile. Two months off in the summer (even without pay) makes it all worthwhile. Two months off in the summer (even without pay) makes it all worthwhile.

There. I feel better now. But I think I need to go fishing.
FFF certified casting instructor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2003, 11:17 PM

Sigh ... I work 14 hour days and my cell phone is on

the better part of 24/7.

From me symp. would be a 'best wish.'

Try mortgage banking for 40 years.
:hehe:
Old 06-18-2003, 11:21 PM
the speypages guy

welllll, at least I don't really really really really really hate work--then I'd have a problem!
Old 06-18-2003, 11:44 PM
Pullin' Thread

Dana,

I like my job; however, I really would like to be able to get more time off and not have to work as many 10 to 12 hour days that I have to.

Fred,

Nobody ever told me that after I got a master's degrees and got into upper level management that I would have less time to do the things I enjoy and that I would also have to work more hours to boot! I love being in charge though and helping people (my employees, our welfare-to-Work clients, and the preschoolers in our Head Start program) add value and possibilities to their lives. And summer is one of my busiest times or year because that is when various policy changes need to be developed and made, trainings must be attended, work plans need updating, contracts negotiated, etc. Graduate schools should tell you that when you go into upper management that you will be far busier and work more hours than before. (I guess that is why I get paid the "big bucks" my employees think I get.)

And during all this, I want to be out on the river from morning till night, and run off camping and fishing with the family for weeks at a time. Ah, the joys of having a job you like when your recreation of choice is calling, calling, call........
Old 06-18-2003, 11:50 PM
the speypages guy

I like my job too, flytyer...it's the work part I have trouble with! June and September are always the worst months...the rest of the year has steelhead in it!
Old 06-19-2003, 12:20 AM

Location: Stilly,Sky,And anything that flows into Puget sound
Work? Work? Work? What is work. I've been retired for over 4 years now and I don't even know what that word means anymore. The only word I use now is Fishing,Fishing,and more Fishing. The only trouble with being retired is that I have to fish by myself as all my friends still have to do that other word,WORK.

Retirement has it's Perks and then there are the other things.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:02 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Angry I REALLY HATE work

I got injured on the job. My L&I company made my condition worse, and I had to take them to court to make them pay for my time to get healed. Well, I lost some PRIME fishing seasons since last August thanks to them. Looks like I'm gonna miss the summerrun season as well. But, finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and may be healed up by this Fall for salmon season. Let's pray. Had a great season in October, but was in so much pain that I actually put my rod away for a couple hours to rest up and let the percocet kick in. Hate fishing doped up, plus miss alot of hits that way.

But, I just want to be able to row my boat. Man, I'm having serious withdrawals in that dept.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:15 AM
Mod

Send a message via AIM to NrthFrk16
Re: I REALLY HATE work

Quote:
Originally posted by Steelheader69
Hate fishing doped up, plus miss alot of hits that way.
Hey now...I never fish doped up...Hell I am never doped up but I must say, getting nicely inebriated makes it possible to enjoy a fishery such as...say...Rocky Ford! :hehe:
Old 06-19-2003, 08:24 AM

Exclamation

Fred, Fred.

Is there anyway we at flytalk can help you with your problem?

" life is not a practice run it's the real thing ". As far as I know we all just get one of them so to use it up on so much work is counter productive to the free spirit a man is born with.

Only advise a poor soul like me can give to such a high roller as you.
1] throw the damn cell phone in the river, now, tell work you have an errand to run. Put the phone in a sack with a cement block and over the bridge it goes.

2] go fish for the rest of the day and while on the river think about how you are going to tell Joan about how you no longer are employed and that she better get her passport in order because you are taking her on a wonderful 2 year world tour.

Truely good luck in finding a cure for your affliction.
We love you here at flytalk and want to help.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:42 AM

I don't usually hate work, but

Today is one of the only days that I can say that I hate work. My office is short staffed, my schedule is minimum, I'm not producing, and I'm leaving in the morning for a week on the Lower Dean. I just yesterday received a new toy to play with in the form of 16'7"and it's been raining so I didn't get a chance to test cast it .
Tomorrow is a travel day that will drag on forever, but by Saturday afternoon I'll be standing in moving water at peace with the world.
I have to plan my fishing more than eight months in advance so I've already been looking forward to this trip for a long time. But,
today will drag on forever.
Today I hate work.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Chief of E.P.

Dana,

I do really understand. Junes are the worst for me as well followed by July but September is my down time. Of course I am a 260 so I don't get the two months off. I am lucky though in that as long as I don't mind missing sleep, it is really overrated anyways, I can still get some summer water time in. Oh and then there are those terrible summer colds that just knock you out for a day. Must be lowered resistance from lack of sleep. Darn, I think I feel one coming on for tomorrow

st
Old 06-19-2003, 11:43 AM

I hate work too. I think it is unanomious that Work sucks. But that is why it isn't called play.

Tip I hate those summer flus that come on but as you know I have to plan those too. March-July is my busy time usually but here at a large software company in Redmond I don't know of a lot of slow times.

Wonder how much money it would take to get an airstream and be a fishing bumb for the rest of my life? Sounds good a lot of the time.

JJ
Old 06-19-2003, 11:59 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
LOL

Getting a bit inebriated. LOL. Man, there's a difference between a couple beers and a hard core narcotic. :hehe: Difference is, after you're done with the beer, you'll say "Did I just miss a fish?", after the pills I take you say "Did I just go fishing?" :hehe:

MAN, trust me on this one. I've made plans to be a fishing bum. Figured once I got my kids out of the house (big hurdle to cover) I could sell off my house, and buy a nice travel trailer and a big suburban. Sell flies to guys on the stream for money (and other tackle) But, that dream is a good 12 years away.
Old 06-19-2003, 05:01 PM

the job still sucks

What is the difference between working for 20 years and being married for 20 years ?
Old 06-19-2003, 08:37 PM
"chicks dig scars"

you fellas tickle me. try digging coal for 16 hrs a day for 6 days a week....one week vacation, xmas, and your b-day, and that's it.....it ain't hell, but you can hear the screams from in there!!!! damn glad i survived it. damned glad i finished college!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.