Belated 05/25 - 05/31 Cape Report - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2003, 06:50 AM

Belated 05/25 - 05/31 Cape Report

Was fortunate enough to spend the last week of May down on the Cape, and despite as bad a weather as you could possibly expect for the first 3/4, the trip proved tremendously enjoyable.

Great friends. Great food. Great accomodations. And...with a bit of persistence...great fishing. It's amazing what you can learn when you actually have to work for your fish. It's easy to forget when casting at pod after pod o'er the flats on a bluebird day.

Between the company, fish, whales, fool's gold blitzes, late night sorties, monster snakes, Coast Guard rescues, and Old Doogue eats, the trip was chock full of memorable experiences.

Thanks again Sean, Mike, and Old Doogue for the company. Juro, we enjoyed your impromptu semi-vagrant visits.

I look forward to doing it again next year.

A few pics in remembrance...

Sean getting after it in the surf

Mike chasing after fool's gold. One of many fruitless attempts.

One of my first oceanside stripes.

The "One" getting ready for battle

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2003, 05:24 PM
Jonesin...

Great Shots...

Jeff,

Glad to see the "toy" camera worked out. It was a great week regardless of weather. Fished South County on Saturday. First day out since. We will definitely need to catch up more this summer.

Sean
Old 06-18-2003, 07:21 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

In case I failed to say so enough when I stumbled in at o'dark thirty, THANKS for the place to crash so close to the action. With the cottages full with three generations of extended family bliss, I had no room to stay and that dawn alarm would not have been very popular with everyone. It was good to stay at an angler's haven where tying till 2am was parr for the course.

I remember you talking about that "cult" camera you had... are these unretouched photos or did you doctor them up with photoshop? Pretty amazing, very cool especially your striper shot the way the water fades out in the middle.

I'll PM or call with some questions I have about a circular polarization filter I just bought for my digital.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.