Father's Day morning - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

Father's Day morning

The morning was all mine to do what ever I wanted.

I decided to spend the early part of the day fishing the Deer Creek riffle. I got up at 4 to beat the expected crowds and headed straight to the Stilly. Much to my surprise I was the first one to arrive.

I fished almost the entire run before anyone else showed. I looked up river and reconized George with his stripping basket fishing the top of the riffle. No fish but a perfect morning on the river. Quiet, no crowds.

Headed back up behind George for one more shot at the run. George headed up to the mouth of Deer Creek leaving the run to me. Again I fished the entire run alone. Again no bites. But, what a great moring. Not often one get to fish Deer Creek alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Took the kid up to the secret lake for our last trip until fall. Caught one on a bad imitation of a Pheasant Tail nymph which I had tyed earlier that morning. Tore the fly up so I switched to a black/purple leech and hooked 5 more, some quite large, but all LDR'ed. Frustrating in that regard but a great day overall.

Now that school is coming to an end and the boy getting a new spey rod, looks like the rivers will get our attention. From past performances, just another couple bodies taking up room while frothing the water - no threat here.

mmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.