Float trip time. - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Question Float trip time.

To avoid the shuttle problems inherent in floating the river, my son and I are thinking of floating the upper Skagit from Marblemount to Rockport's Steelhead Park with the spouse to pick us up in Rockport. Does anyone know the float/fishing time needed to complete this trip?

mmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Chief of E.P.

Triple M,

This run can take you all day or 5-6 hours depending on how much you stop to fish. It is nice water with nothing to be concerned about and has some good holding water.

If time is not an issue, I would plan on 8-9 hours and take your time.

st
Old 06-16-2003, 03:17 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Sinktip,

My son and I have grown accustomed to counting on you to answer and, as usual, you did not disapoint.

Thanks,

mmm
Old 06-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Junkyard Spey

Floating the Skagit

Hey MMM, You can try out those Muddler variations. I want to hear some BIG fish reports. Don't let yourself get outfished.
Take care, MJC
Old 06-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

MJC,

Don't have any Muddlers, Mike. Pretty much looking at throwing some lightly dressed spey flies until the waters warm, then trying out some nice surface flies the Sinktip sent me last year.

In my estimation, this will be a very good year, made so by many new friends. Thanks all!

mmm
Old 06-17-2003, 07:53 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

MJC,

You simply outdid yourself, oh marvelous merchant. Muddlers indeed. Got a whole bunch now! Did you tie them? And if you did, I quit. Well, I'll stay with the hard-body leeches as the multiple coats of nail polish hide the imperfections.

Thanks again,

mmm
Old 06-18-2003, 01:19 PM
Junkyard Spey

MMM, You don't have to quit as I didn't tie them. Mine are somewhat cruder. All I was doing was chumming a little.
The part about not letting Christopher outfish you still goes. Catch a BIG one. Take care, MJC
Old 06-20-2003, 05:02 AM
Recent Member

If you are concerned about time you can take out at Sutter Creek. It will shave about 2 miles off the trip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.