Rip Trip Policy - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2003, 10:45 AM
President of CAC

Rip Trip Policy

I have not heard back from Juro or all the other Moderators but did get some responses from some.... We need to establish a Forum rule or Policy as to how to help Keith with the Rip trips.... As we all know these trips are not the norm for the Wiildlife Sactuary or the Rip Rider. The trips came about though my joining with Juro and Keith to form the first one. We have had several and they are really a priviledge extended by Keith and are not part of his usual Ferry Service. It is to be considered one of the benefits extended to the Forum and it's members. I would like to begin by indicating that no Forum member solicite Keith for trips to the South Point except Juro or myself. Keith has indicated to me that he would prefer this as well. I certainly do not want to make this "law" until I hear from Juro or other moderators who have an interest in this,but I think we have to start somewhere so, without being heavy handed, I would ask the Forum's indulgence to establish this Policy immediatly, at least until we feel there is a better way.. Thanks Very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
John,
Very good idea. Important for keeping it simple as well as not buggin keith so much.

Nick
Old 06-14-2003, 07:45 PM

Rip Trip Policy

I have asked John to keep it simple, not so much as for my convience, as it is to follow through with the guide lines that were set between myself and the US FWS. They do not want the South Island to become a free for all like North Monomoy. I expressed those concerns to John and Juro the first year. I have to stick with those guidelines. I mean nothing personal towards anyone that has tried to schedule a trip. The three of us are loud and clear on what can be done and what can not. I have to feel comfortable knowing who is down there and who is in charge. The island is a lot more sensitive than most people reallize. The rules HAVE to be followed, as far as landings and closed areas.

I will not get into detail, but there have been many problems at North Monomoy over the last two summers with fisherman taking things into their own hands, as far as blowing off signs, walking the shortest route to their hot spot. Some of those people are members of this forum. Tickets have been written, and some not so pleasant attitudes were released on Refuge Law Enforcement and even Sharon Marino the Manager, when they were confronted on the island. This can not be happening out there! John and Juro are clear on that, and I feel confident that they will not stand for anything less.
I mean in recent weeks, things have gotten out of hand on the Morris Island headquarters. Guys ignoring the signs and crossing over to go to the Porta Potties or even better, someone dropped Trow behind the mangers window of the office last week, while Sharon was sitting at her desk. Unfortunately, the majority will eventually pay the price for the ignorant few!!
The members of the forum are working hard to create a standing relationship with the Refuge, I think we the members of this forum maybe need to start policing the rest of the Flyfishing world out there, so as to keep this privelege of going to the island open to those of us, who really consider it a special place to go, whether it be North Monomoy, South Beach or South Monomoy.
The future of fishing those islands is in the hands of those, who excerise the privelege of going out there.
Please Tread lightly out there!
And Please, try and understand what John, Juro and myself are trying to do for you with this unique trip.

Keith
Old 06-14-2003, 09:20 PM
President of CAC

Thanks Keith for some of the details... I intend honor what the situation requires... so our Policy will be enforced from our end. We recognize that our relationship with the refuge is key and we intend to keep that relationship honest and most of all, responsible. Thanks for posting...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.