Rip Trip Scheduling - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2003, 02:18 PM
President of CAC

Rip Trip Scheduling

I know Craig is trying to orgainize a trip for next week... but I wanted to get some feeling for July as well.. I will be on the Cape pretty much the whole month of July... so I am wondering if scheduling a trip "during "the week will give us more options as far as weather is concerned.. Here is what I will do.. I will contact Keith and get a feel for his July schedule.. Basically see what it is like and what he can do... then once I get Dates, I will post them and Keiths limits... I will look at weekdays as well as Weekends... so if anyone is going to be on vacation on the Cape let me know, that would also include anyone on vacation in August as well. I will scheule August also...We need to look beyond the weekends... like a Friday with a back up day Saturday. So.... once I get Keiths feeling on this I will begin a orgainized attack, My object is to get EVERYONE down there at some point this summer... I will focus primarilly on Weekends but see what the flexibility is for weekdays...I will ask Keith what is his limit on the ability to go down there... 5 times a summer?, 10 times?, you know..that kind of thing... Once the limits are established I will set up a "summer" Schedule.... This way we get to schedule when we are available to attend... with back up persons as well for the inevitable drop outs... so the weather will be key...but with a good weather string... which there will be ,we can get this done... any thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2003, 08:42 PM
LT 20

Scheduling Thoughts

The thoughts I would like to contribute is one should consider the time of low tide when scheduling a trip. It has been my experience that things can really heat up out there a couple hours before low to a couple hours after. With the boat leaving at 7:00, a 1/2 hours ride out there and the 20 minute walk to the point, in my opinion the window for the best tides to be out there is when low tide will occur between say 10:00am and 1:00pm. What are other peoples opinions?

Last edited by craig; 06-15-2003 at 07:19 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.