Server Upgrade Project - Started - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Post Server Upgrade Project - Started

With the success of recent auctions and sponsorships, we have begun the first phase of the 2003 Server Upgrade Project! Give yourselves a big pat on the back for making our future a little more reliable, and thank your sponsors with your business.

Over the next few weeks, Sean will be bringing to life a system that has much greater capabilities than we have today. That means more frequent (yet still rationed) casting and fishing videos, no more dbase errors caused by exceeded resource limits, and in line images on posts up to a reasonable byte size unless we run into trouble again.

My part in this will be to move the pages and graphics over while Sean does the heavy lifting (database, discussion board, etc). There have been a number of graphic intensive features that have been held back until this upgrade, we'll see them live soon.

More updates to follow... onward to a much better platform for us coming SOON!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2003, 08:40 PM

"SMOKIN!!!"

fae
Old 06-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Wanna be striper bum

Juro,

As I sit here eating breakfast and reading last night's posts I cannot help but feel like I need to donate some funds for the server upgrade. I get a lot of joy and info out of the Forum.

Should I donate via PayPal to your account or is some other method preferred?

Let me know.

Many thanks to you and Sean for your efforts!

Might hit the Pemi this weekend by the way but the Cape is too much of a haul for me. I wanted to make Big Brother Day but, alas, I cannot.

-Mike
Old 06-10-2003, 06:46 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Jump in on an auction, recruit a sponsor, chip in on an event, etc. Rumor is we'll have some more top gear on the block very soon too. There are an infinite number of ways to chip in, and everyone appreciates the results.

We can definitely use some help getting pages up once we move over and you have a knack for that.

We will have a big target for the winter shows - $650 in Marlboro, $675 in Seattle. The deposits are placed this month. We'll need help later in the year so you can hold off if you wish there will be plenty more chances to chip in.

Too bad you can't make the BBday! Good luck on the Pemi... there are salmon sitting behind rockpiles from the bridge all the way down, also smallmouth and some very nice sized rainbows and brookies. If you look down from the middle of the bridge on a bright day you will see what I mean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.