Emerging From The Cave... - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2003, 05:55 AM
Middle Aged Member

Emerging From The Cave...

...or the cellar.

After several weekends of cleaning out cellars and sh#ty weather I might actually get down the cape this weekend. I don't believe it's already the second weekend in June and I've yet to wet a line at my favorite bayside beach. Not my favorite tide for this spot but I'll take it.

I do like that tide for the Rip Trip though. Yous guys will be arriveing just as it gets cranking. Hope the weather holds up.

Last edited by FredA; 06-06-2003 at 05:58 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2003, 07:26 PM
Middle Aged Member

Went down to the narrows for an hour. Great to swing a rod again. Fish around but I couldn't manage a hookup. Wind is laying down and changing directions - ESE when I started SW when I left. Breaks, boils and tugs suggested pretty good fish. Started with a skinny deep eel - no hits. Put on a butt ugly, poor excuse for a Capt.Ray Angel Deerest and got hits and follows to my feet. Frustrating.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Shark Bait

Send a message via AIM to Nick Send a message via Yahoo to Nick
Despite the weather forecast, I'm gonna be doing the flats thing if you wanna come....Rip Ryder and then South Beach.

Nick
Old 06-07-2003, 04:57 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Lots of fish, high percentage of legal size there right now.

Fred - could be the retrieve perhaps? Do you know what htey were eating? I love figuring out what they want it's the best part. Stripers are sometimes too easy when they really get going, I like them when they require a little bit of experimentation to unlock the key to their behavior. Definitely frustrating when one can not unlock it, but in the end it's solving those little puzzles that makes it a great pastime IMHO.
Old 06-07-2003, 08:53 AM
Middle Aged Member

Did the bayside this morning. Searched for troughs on the falling tide. Plenty of small sandeels around but no fish. Same tide last year, June 1 I believe, found lots of fish as the riverlets got smaller, but it took time. I remained patient today but nothing materialized. Finally as I was make my way back fish started breaking on the outside of the main bar. Hooked up with a bigun that made a couple of runs, the first into backing, The guy dropped the hook as I was trying to grab the leader, but thats ok. Woulda liked to stay but I got grass (knee high weeds) to mow.
Old 06-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Pencil me in.....

Wish I was there, Fred

Spent the last two days preparing the place for my daughters graduation party... She invited at least half of her class.. I get to cook and cook and cook tomorrow. I figured she and the boyfriend would be here to assist the last few days, but I was informed Thursday that they had to fire up the Grady White and fish the Cuttyhunk tournament. They will be back just in time for the festivities. He better repeat last years victory so I can hand him the tab
Old 06-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Tell me about high weeds! I just plunked down almost a c-note on a high weeds mower rental as well as a high-power yard blower to clean up the mess the sudden winter and wet, wet spring has created out there beyond the sanctuary of my sliding glass window, recliner and remote. I can feel the blisters on my hands coming up any minute, those puppies are hard to move around even with the power assist one-wheel drive. Good workout though. I'd rather be walking a few miles on sand though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.