Ok, all you in the fly swap, please read - Fly Fishing Forum
Pacific Northwest Sea Run Forum No such thing as rainbow trout, only landlocked steelhead

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2003, 02:56 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Ok, all you in the fly swap, please read

I have 9 sets of flies, should have a total of 11 (we had 2 drop out). Problem is, not sure who is who on some, since they only included real name. So don't want to put out a list of real names. So, if you have sent your flies in, thanks. If you haven't, please let me know ASAP if you have sent yours and ETA. I'd like to wrap up the flies and resend them.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2003, 03:08 PM

You should have received my flies last Thursday. I also sent you an e-mail. I would like to know if you received the flies and the e-mail.

--Bill Koran (SparseHairHackle)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2003, 03:21 PM
removed_by_request

Hopefully you have mine by now, mjyp aka Mark P.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:21 PM
Recent Member

Mine were black body with silver rib, hot orange chenille butt and grizzly hackly tied back on a no 4 or 6 hook, I ferget. I call them a Hot Butt Grizzly. Ya-all let me know how they hold up if a fish chomps on them. I do put a drop of glue on them here and there with the idea they might last 2 or 3 strikes at least before they get threadbare.

:hehe:
Old 06-23-2003, 12:33 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Send a message via AIM to Steelheader69 Send a message via Yahoo to Steelheader69
Ok guys, had a problem

Sorry about the delay on the flies. Been on L&I, so money has been tight, but had more then enough to send flies out, before I blew out the U joints in my blazer. Normally, I can fix myself, but can't use my arm to fix it, and hard to pull the front axle apart one handed. So had to take to shop. So literally was running on a few dollars in my account. Just got my check in mail Saturday late, so will have them out tomorrow after I get check deposited. Hard living on two checks a month when I normally get paid every week (and being shorted $800 a month doesn't help either).

Sorry for the delay guys. Will be out tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:49 AM
The Speyshop' Speybum

YEAH YOU BETCHA !

You know mine
Old 06-23-2003, 01:47 AM
flyfishing catarafter

Hey Speybum

I'm gonna have to make a run to your shop and check out those materials you're using. Normally I buy most through a distributor, but I liked the stuff you used on yours. I know someone else was using it as well on thier patterns. Great stuff.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:34 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Talking Ok, in the mail guys

They were mailed this AM. Also a warning. Be careful opening your packages. I tied up the patterns for the guys who couldn't make the swap. Only one problem, I forgot to put them in with the mix. Didn't want to short you guys who sent in your full amount and come up getting shorted in return. So, did a quick cut with my razor and stashed them in the mailers. So, you'll have two loose flies. They aren't experimentals though. They are actually two patterns that have worked well for me on the OP. No namers, just flies I use. Simple and work.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:37 PM
The Speyshop' Speybum

Thumbs up Thanks Stealheader 69

Got the flies thank guys.
Can not wait to get them to water.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:14 AM
Recent Member

Got the flies yesterday. Nice stuff. In particular, the woven bodies done by SpeyBum and Ol Rich are just amazingly buggy beautiful. This is a nice set and I will bemoan every one I lose to the fish or snags.

At least next swap I join I will provide a recipe like Ol Rich did.

Thank you to everyone, and especially Steelhead69 for hosting.

Regards,
Old 07-01-2003, 09:28 PM

Fly Swap flies

are beautiful. I am not sure I can bring myself to tie one on and risk the chance of losing it. It would be great to know who tied which fly. I know Speybum's, Bill put his name on his and Fred's is the only one on a double.

Have the individual pictures been posted so we can access the recipies? The information with my flies shows the folly of relying on spell checker. The Tail is the "Center" hair and the Hackel is Orange "dyed" Game Cock (I changed to Orange dyed Guinea which I prefer. Guess I am going through a Guinea phase.)

Rich
Old 07-03-2003, 11:51 PM

Thanks to everyone who participated in the swap. I haven't done a swap in a few years and it was great to get back in one. Definitely some nice flies.

I, too, would like a key to the flies to know who tied which flies. I toe-tagged mine; could other participants say what they tied?

--Bill
Old 07-04-2003, 02:17 AM
flyfishing catarafter

I think I still have the master pics

But what I'll do, is take pics and repost, and everyone can say "this is mine" and give recipe. Sound good???
Old 07-04-2003, 02:38 AM

Talking Works for me.

fae
Old 07-05-2003, 06:33 PM
flyfishing catarafter

Pictures are posted

Go over to the fly pattern archive and you'll see them all listed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.