Fly Fishing Masters? - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Sponsor

Fly Fishing Masters?

Hey I was just curious if any of you guys have thought about entering the Fly Fishing Masters tournament being put on by OLN. It looks like anyone can enter and it looks like it could be alot of fun. If you haven't heard about it here's a link:

http://www.olntv.com/htmlpage.asp?htmlid=73
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2003, 12:37 AM
"chicks dig scars"

I NOMINATE YOU!!! GO FORTH, SWINGING THAT STICK, AND MAKE US ALL PROUD!!!! SERIOUSLY, THOUGH, DOES LOOK LIKE A LOT OF FUN!
Old 06-05-2003, 12:39 AM
"chicks dig scars"

KY STAMPEDE

HEY WILL,

YOU BY ANY CHANCE GOIN TO THE KY STAMPEDE IN SPARTA THIS WEEKEND? GOT 8 FREE TICKETS..
Old 06-05-2003, 08:20 AM
Sponsor

No I'm leaving for North Carolina this weekend for a nice week in the sun. Acutally as my luck has it the weater channel is calling for RAIN the entire week I'm gonna be down there. I just cannot get away from the stuff. Maybe I'll take all the rain with me so you can get out and get some of the big KY smallmouth!
Old 06-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Fluff

I can either be civilized or crass in this entry - I'll be civilized.

I can no more imagine involvement in a PROFESSIONAL, COMPETITION DRIVEN, SPONSORSHIP ORIENTED, LIP-KISSIN' FLYFISHING TOUR! today than I could ever have envisioned something of this nature back in my wide-eyed, single-digit days. And, I enjoy all types of fishing by any means - with that said:

Regardless of the precedent set by B.A.S.S. or W.A.L.L.E.Y.E. or W.A.L.K.E.R.S.C.A.Y. OR anybody else, and I don't begrudge Dance, Grigsby, Brauer, Martin, Pallot, Sosin, Combs, Houston; destination guides, lodgings proprietors, gear manufacturers, states' and countries' departments of travel & tourism, et al, their opportunity for fame, fortune, recognition or success - I just think the idea of tour fishing competitions is a little old in the tooth, has evolved into irrelevancy and should not be incorporated into fly fishing.

(As always, driving ever closer to the right side of the road...)
Old 06-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Pencil me in.....

Competition eliminates the hearsay and birddogging about techniques and helps develop proven products. I do not consider that irrelevant.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Chief of E.P.

Here here DFIX, very well said.

Fly fishing competition should be kept to the competioton between our expectations and our reality.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:02 PM
President of CAC

Oh..that's no big deal, I won that 5 years in a row... didn't want the award, but felt I owed it to the "sport".. so I reluctantly accepted.. Fix has been trying to steal it from me from my book case eversince. So ,I gave him one from one of the years... I even had it reingraved to stop his whinning about not having one.. So, I will pass this year although i have been invited back to defend the title.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.