Where are you going to buy your gear? - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-30-2003, 09:26 AM

Where are you going to buy your gear?

We are all going to buy some fishing stuff this year, and I would like to propose that every Forum participant consider making at least one purchase from one of the SPONSORS. While I value my local shops, and will always get most of my stuff from them, the sponsors that support this comunity will also get some business from me. The prices are the same pretty much every where, and our sponsors always have some sale items too. So why not?
When making the transaction, please mention the Forum and how much you apreciate the shops support of it.
Bottom line: If the sponsors don't think that their investment is paying off, they won't renew next year...so let's make it worth it to them. Thanks, Eddie

ps. who are the sponsors you might be wondering? Hit the tiny link in the top left corner of this page(under the Forum logo) or go here: http://flyfishingforum.com/advertising/sponsorlist.htm
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2003, 02:53 PM

Thumbs up Eddie, couldn't agree more!!

These are the folks who 'pay the power bill' that keeps the Board going. Other than odd nuts and bolts (run out and have to buy some hooks kind of stuff) 95% of my fly fishing purchases are from Board Spon's. Cost is equal/less than I'd pay in Medford/Ashland and most, if not all, have free shipping and the package gets to me in a couple of days.

And I still don't pay sales tax.

A good thing.

fae
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2003, 02:56 PM
JD

Thumbs up Cool

Been waiting for that for awhile.

Thanks,
JD
Old 05-30-2003, 03:51 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Thumbs up

You betcha! And pretty much what Fred says.

Some future purchases (spreading it around) might look like this:

A CND spey rod for the kid from the SpeyShop (speybum). A promise is a promise and I'll just have to eat the tax.

An economical trout rod from the Red Shed (MJC). Probably another Tioga reel (would make for 6 Tiogas) and possibly a CND for me.

Great fellows, these two!

mmm

P.S. And it's not that I am into conspicuous consumption or anything but, I'm buying for two. And I have a looong time to go to catch up with Fred's herd.:eyecrazy:

Last edited by Mean Mr Mustard; 05-30-2003 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:24 PM

I was thinking that a good way to help out the sponsors would be to highlight any particularly good products, sevices or bargains that our sponsors are providing. If anyone comes accross anything particularly note worthy post it on the Forum.
For instance: If anyone is looking for some top quality bucktail, http://www.saltwateredge.com/ has the best. It is truely outstanding. Long and supple, in many great colors. http://www.bearsden.com/ also has bucktale in some great colors. Really subtle pastels. I have been tying some of Bob Popovic's "BuckTail Decievers", so bucktail has been on my mind lately. That is an awsome fly that should be in everyone's box.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:04 PM
Jonesin...

Bucktail Deceivers

Eddie,

I second your opinion on the bucktail deceivers. Hoping to locate a mullet blitz this fall with some pastel blue and white I got from Saltwater Edge.

Sean

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.