Fishing with Mary - Fly Fishing Forum
Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion Talk flyfishing with members around the world!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2003, 01:10 AM
Mean Mr Mustard

Smile Fishing with Mary

After feeling the skunk of trips too numerous I decided to get in touch with my inner self. So I took Mary fishing. And who is Mary? Why she is the rhythm section in my pagan band.

Mary has long been the mistress of my soul; tempting and satisfying, decadent and spiritual, haughty and wholesome like bathing in a warm tub of milk, my Mary. Always cleansed and refreshed by our ardor; we fished the waters of the soul, and the gods were pleased. Mary gave of herself, bringing me with her, and the fish came, not once but twice. And as our spent passion slowly cooled so did the fish.

As time slipped beneath us, Mary again understood the urgency of my need and once more fanned the flames. Taking far more time than before, we wrestled with body and soul. Give and take, taking far more than before and giving same, we reach for that moment when we truly touch. Spent, I release my hold and, thus freed, the moment seared my heart as it connects the neurons of memory. Again, wasting no time, she brings me back unto a new moment, passion flooding uncontrollably as this will be our goodbye, unacknowledged yet nonetheless known. And, as we separate, she leaves me the love that, looking through, I see my surroundings and know my place within this world.

A gentle touch in a hard world - Ive always loved you Mary Jane. You be some fine biotch!

mmm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2003, 09:15 AM

Question

MMMMM,
Leonard Cohen fishes?
Old 05-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

Quote:
Originally posted by OC
Leonard Cohen fishes?
So much for debutting my freehand prose, as irreverant as it is, at a kindergarten openhouse!

Fishing solo and the fishing was great. Just needed some herbal adjustment to get in on the bite.

Anyway, so much for kulture at this five and dime.

mmm
Old 05-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Chief of E.P.

I dare say that if your friend Mary would have been around when the driftboat went vertical, it is quite possible the amber alert could have been canceled on those missing briefs.

But could she help slow down OC's fledgling spey casts?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

As to the briefs, had Mary been along I suspect her briefs would of come up missing as well, right OC?

And on the subject of OC's spey casting I do believe a herbal remedy may be effective as he ponders the lovely curves he gets when he does this or that. Far more effective would be the shroom therapy wherein he gets to analyze his cast in slow-mo, frame by frame, live as he is doing them. Hell, the good ones can do it in reverse, or so I hear.

mmm
Old 05-27-2003, 02:50 PM

Hey Dana,

Can you imagine your spey casting claves where all partake in organic theropy just before the clave starts. Vision 40 maybe 50 casters no longer on the river bank but on a float trip to backwards casting heaven. Heck if you offered this type of class, I would come to every clave and even behave myself. Under these conditions everyone would be able to cast a double bellied short and long type 74X Official Worldwide Spey Line about 300 feet.

And Kush, can anyone imagine where his brilliant casting would go?

Still 5 days to steelhead season!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:02 AM
Pullin' Thread

OC,

Heck at a clave like that, you wouldn't even need rods to be able to make such great casting spectacles and feats as those you mentioned. We would need to have someone present to man the boom box and keep in stocked with vintage acid rock though.

And then when the local constabulatory shows up, we will all be in need of discarding said briefs. Who needs a driftboat at a gathering like that?
Old 05-28-2003, 11:30 AM

Location: Stilly,Sky,And anything that flows into Puget sound
Make sure you have a lot of munchies along as you sure like to eat at a time like that. But I don't really know as I have never like to fish with Mary Jane.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:00 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

When I fished with Mary I used a sink tip 1800 feet long attached to a floater that was 1800 feet long.
Old 05-28-2003, 02:20 PM

Cool

Kerry,
Does that mean you are standing in the Sauk R. and fishing the N. F. of the Stilly? Cool!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:00 PM
Mean Mr Mustard

KerryS,

I seem to recall that as I was launching the Mellow Yellow (pontoon boat) YOU were the one out on the lake doing the Zorro routine, am I right? Yeah, I'll bet that was a Kerry (sp) special you were fishing...

Nice meeting you Kerry, I am sure we'll see each other more along that grand river.

mmm
Old 05-28-2003, 05:03 PM
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club

MMM,

Dang single handers take to much work to throw 40 feet of line. Whar the hell is my Lochmor?

OC,

There was 150 deep 5.25" meshes between the sinktip and the floater. It could fish from Iceberg damn near to Cattle Pass. The whole thing might have been closer to 2000' long. You cast the thing with a 28' fiberglass rod with a 5'x6' hydraulic reel and the whole works was powered by a 454 cu. in. engine. You should see the strike indicators for this setup.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:39 PM

Kerry,
Have you talked to Kush or Dana about this set up yet? Last night Sinktip was telling me about a similar setup he was building. I changed the subject to cane rods.

Well just 3 or so days to steelhead season again and we all can cut back on posts about herbs and fly fishing and go back to posting about crowded runs, jet boats, jet skis, grouchy fly fishermen and most of all about what a great steelhead season this coming Summer has been.

I wonder what our New England striper brothers do for fly fishing enlightment? Maybe all us old Hippies moved out here to tne Great North West. Got to wonder if they understand us out here in the NW. Hope more of them find the time to come out and fish with us.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Fly chucker

Quote:
Originally posted by OC

I wonder what our New England striper brothers do for fly fishing enlightment?
Uhh....we catch fish. No enchancement needed (well, maybe a libation afterwards).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.