Ninigret Report - 5 / 25 - Fly Fishing Forum
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2003, 11:22 PM
Flats Rat

Ninigret Report - 5 / 25

Well, after a week of anticipation and what looked like perfect conditions, this evenings worm hatch failed to materialize in the usual areas. Even the locals were flitting from one spot to another scratching their heads. I did manage to catch three fish up to 20" however, and one was a riser

Popular wisdom has it that the hatches are best on big tides (full & new moon) so that might have something to do with it.

I'll give it one more try next week-end!

Did anyone else make it out there today / yesterday?
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2003, 01:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to neac9 Send a message via Yahoo to neac9
Cool although wet , a good day

We started early at the ramp 4 am cold wet more like trout weather than bass.
needles to say I did not expect much we pulled up to masthead at about 4:45 am and Setve was on with his 1st cast not a big fish but not a runt either. Soon after I got mine, although the wind was blowing abit we had a good long drift pick about 5 fish each during the 1st run (including a 31" tiderunner best one I ever got). during the next three hours we took about 30 bass,2 blues and 1 squidie the fact that Steve broke his rod gave me the upper hand today "Oh well I'll take what I can get " not a bad day but the ride back to the ramp did suck. ps the fish did range from 12 to I think 30" Steve never put a tape on his biggest most in the 20 inch range

Adrian
WOULD LIKE TO HOOKUP WITH YA KEEP ME POSTED
JERRY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2003, 08:27 AM

We haven't had much sun to heat things up. Would like to hook up with you but going on the Rip Trip if the weather holds up. Next time I see you will talk to you aout the Delaware. FishHawk
Old 05-26-2003, 06:42 PM
CantAnchorUs

Adrian, sorry I missed you. Yesterday morning`s fishing was up in Greenwich Cove, howling north wind, spitting rain, water temp. 9 degrees colder than last week. I knew there would be no worm hatch, they`re very temp. sensitive. We picked a bunch yesterday and a couple of small blues and Jerry got a giant Weak 9 maybe 10 lbs. Went back this morning and got a few at what shoud have been dawn, then the sky opened up and they disapeared. I waited for this vac. for the last six months and now this weather makes me wanna puke!
Slinger
Old 05-26-2003, 07:17 PM
Flats Rat

Steve

Bad break on the weather - I'm just hoping for a decent spell when I get up to the cape in mid June!

Last week- end water temp was 62 - I guess it cools down fast in the shallows the same as it warms up fast? Maybe this week it'll warm up a bit - I'm certainly game to try again next week-end.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.