flylogic, what do you think? - Fly Fishing Forum
Gear Talk - Fly Stuff Spoken Here Sage advice & fresh perspectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Recent Member

flylogic, what do you think?

I am going to Alaska/Russia to fish primarily for big rainbows and char, but the possibility of running into silvers is there. I have been thinking about another backup 8wt and have been looking at less expensive rods. I have not seen anything on this forum aboout Flylogic. Any info. would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2003, 08:15 PM
Marine Scientist

Actually, I'd be interested in this thread, also. FlyLogic has some reasonably-priced gear, but I'm a bit leary about sinking any cash into it as I've heard nothing about the quality of goods, and none of our local shops carry it.
Does anyone have information regarding their rods or blanks?
Old 05-23-2003, 09:12 AM
NC Fly Guy

Flylogic stuff

I had some of their stuff for a year. It was okay but overpriced, even for low priced stuff. Do yourself a favor and check out his website and give Bonefish Bob a call. he has a huge selection of used rods and i bet you can get a top quality rod for a really good price. Last time I was in there a couple years ago he had rods that were top of the line a year or two before for half price. he takes stuff on trade in for new stuff and then resells it ( at least that was what I got from my conversation with the guy at the counter) . Good idea if you ask me.
bonefishbob.com
Old 05-24-2003, 03:13 AM

LOTS of FlyLogic rods & reels going cheap on EBay these days.All by the same seller as well.Their Optimium Plus is probably a solid rod,but they seem awfully heavy compared to say Sage or Loomis.

My 10ft 9wt GLX weighs 3.85 ounces,while a 9ft 7wt Optimum Plus is around 4 13/16.The 9ft 8wt is 5 ounces,which is pretty heavy for a 8wt IMHO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.